Did we get lied to when they said that the Storm's browser was Webkit? Just doesn't seem to render all that well. What's the deal CX? Is this thing Webkit or what? If it is, why is it still using RIM's proxy servers to browse?
    11-22-08 11:09 PM
    I noticed that when I switched to the Internet Browser from the Blackberry Browser that it was MUCH faster and just seemed to work better in general
    11-22-08 11:15 PM
    The proxy servers are there regardless of what the browser engine is used; I believe WebKit is not used.
    11-22-08 11:15 PM
    So then we were lied to.
    11-22-08 11:27 PM
    I don't remember anyone saying it is webkit.

What is this about Blackberry Proxy's and what are you refering to when you say "when I switched to the Internet Browser from the Blackberry Browser that it was MUCH faster and just seemed to work better in general".

Thanks,

Paul
    11-22-08 11:31 PM
    Can you find a single source from RIM's website saying it is Webkit? If not, then stop posting these kind of nonsense rant.
    11-22-08 11:33 PM
    Here's your deserving STFU!

This info was out a while back. Of course, I don't expect your *** to know this because you haven't been part of the BB community a lot. Now GTFO you Storm BB fanboy. isht, I don't need your stupid *** posts in here. Let the people that know what the details behind this are post and you can just sit back and play in the "I'm giving my Storm a bl0wj0b it's so cool." thread. Mmmkay.

Now back to the conversation on subject.
    Maybe you shouldn't be allowed on the internet?
    11-22-08 11:44 PM
    I don't remember anyone saying it is webkit.

What is this about Blackberry Proxy's and what are you refering to when you say "when I switched to the Internet Browser from the Blackberry Browser that it was MUCH faster and just seemed to work better in general".

Thanks,

Paul
    It might be a BES thing... not sure... but I went to Options > Advanced Options > Browser and set 'Default Browser Configuration' to 'Internet Browser'
    11-22-08 11:45 PM

This info was out a while back. Of course, I don't expect your *** to know this because you haven't been part of the BB community a lot. Now GTFO you Storm BB fanboy. isht, I don't need your stupid *** posts in here. Let the people that know what the details behind this are post and you can just sit back and play in the "I'm giving my Storm a bl0wj0b it's so cool." thread. Mmmkay.

Civic, you need to calm down and stop bashing the storm. It isn't for you...we get it. You've made this extensively clear. Do you ever say anything positive on here? Geeze. Take a valium and go to bed.
    11-22-08 11:48 PM
    It might be a BES thing... not sure... but I went to Options > Advanced Options > Browser and set 'Default Browser Configuration' to 'Internet Browser'
    That is the only option on my Storm.
    11-22-08 11:48 PM
    Yes, it's a BES thing. Using the Blackberry Browser will use the RIM network as a gateway to the web. Using the Internet Browser will use the BES server's network gateway to the web.
    11-22-08 11:49 PM
    Out from where? source? was it from RIM's specs on website or from your fatty ***? That was pure speculation, so stop being an a**hole.

If you just want to know the truth, I have answered it, it was never ever stated on any of the formal sources, so it is NOT webkit based.

Last edited by Storm2; 11-22-08 at 11:54 PM.
    11-22-08 11:52 PM
    Civic, you need to calm down and stop bashing the storm. It isn't for you...we get it. You've made this extensively clear. Do you ever say anything positive on here?
    Actually Civic does say positive things from time to time... http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/thi...ml#post1015813
    11-22-08 11:53 PM
    WTF is wrong with you people? I just want to know the truth behind this? I'm not bashing isht! I think you morons are misreading all my posts because obviously you can't just once discuss something about the Storm without having to defend it. I just want truthful answers to my questions, not stupid posts defending the unit. Taking your own suggestion, I get it... stop defending the Storm, it's getting old.
    Stop acting like a child.
    11-22-08 11:58 PM
    WTF is wrong with you people? I just want to know the truth behind this? I'm not bashing isht! I think you morons are misreading all my posts because obviously you can't just once discuss something about the Storm without having to defend it. I just want truthful answers to my questions, not stupid posts defending the unit. Taking your own suggestion, I get it... stop defending the Storm, it's getting old.
    Believe me...I'm not defending it. It's just I'm sick of reading posts by you that are condescending and utterly rude to other posters in the forum. You need to respect people. I've actually talked myself out of getting the storm twice now. You've got like 4,000 posts of bashing people. No one takes you seriously anymore.
    11-22-08 11:59 PM
    Actually Civic does say positive things from time to time... http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/thi...ml#post1015813
    And so a few positive things to say makes up for numerous direct attacks on people?
    11-23-08 12:02 AM
    ughh... i have to simi agree with civic i do recall information saying that webkit was going to be used for the internet ... but i dont know what source so i cant say the credibility of the souce..
    11-23-08 12:06 AM
    Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about. I challange you to read all my 4000+ posts and decide how many are actually bashing people. The posts that do this are usually triggered by posts such as the ones in this thread. I asked a simple question, everyone jumped on my business and I snapped your heads back. I'm not going to take isht from anyone and I have no problem letting you know that.

Now for God's sake, can someone with some credit comment intelligently on the original speculations/info leading everyone to believe that the browser in the Storm was better then the Bold due to it being Webkit engine developed. Even BGR was under the same impression, so let's not get all bent out of shape that it's not listed on RIM's site. Obviously the info came from somewhere... be it leaked info, incorrect info, placed falsehoods, whatever. Comment on that, not anything else please.

Back on subject damnit!
    Your so cool I wish I could be like you.
    11-23-08 12:11 AM
    Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about. I challange you to read all my 4000+ posts and decide how many are actually bashing people. The posts that do this are usually triggered by posts such as the ones in this thread. I asked a simple question, everyone jumped on my business and I snapped your heads back. I'm not going to take isht from anyone and I have no problem letting you know that.

Now for God's sake, can someone with some credit comment intelligently on the original speculations/info leading everyone to believe that the browser in the Storm was better then the Bold due to it being Webkit engine developed. Even BGR was under the same impression, so let's not get all bent out of shape that it's not listed on RIM's site. Obviously the info came from somewhere... be it leaked info, incorrect info, placed falsehoods, whatever. Comment on that, not anything else please.

Back on subject damnit!
    And I'm not gonna take isht from you either.

As for webkit...it was debunked before the phone was released.

THere were some other posts as well that debunked it too. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/iph...66/#post996906
    11-23-08 12:14 AM
    As for webkit...it was debunked before the phone was released.

THere were some other posts as well that debunked it too. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/iph...66/#post996906
    Can you really consider that enough of a debunking test? Besides, that proves that the apps didn't work, not that webkit wasn't used. Not saying it was, but personally I don't see that as enough of a test to show anything definative... especially with a prerelease emulator at that, which, let's not forget, had a chopjob of a Storm handset graphic on it. Not exactly RIM's finest hour with that release bundle.
    11-23-08 12:20 AM
    11-23-08 12:27 AM
    Can you find a single source from RIM's website saying it is Webkit? If not, then stop posting these kind of nonsense rant.
    Crucial Extreme said the browser used webkit a while back. He supposedly was testing the device.

Ask Crucial where he got this info from.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cereal killer; 11-23-08 at 02:09 AM.
    11-23-08 02:05 AM
    Webkit is not used for the Storm's browser. It is an updated version of the home brewed Blackberry browser. I think they where at one time thinking and discussing whether they would switch to webkit but decided on developing there own with webkit as an influence. I know they did use webkit in beta tests though.

I don't remember them saying they would implement webkit in the storm though, but they were considering it at a time.
    Last edited by intay; 11-23-08 at 02:28 AM.
    11-23-08 02:26 AM

Back on subject damnit!
    Have you ever heard this cliche? "You'll catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar." If you acted as abrasive as you have shown to be in this thread while in a real world public setting, you would be ingored at best and assaulted by less intelligent people at worst.

On topic, I'm still not seeing any reference to a particular source where Webkit was ever mentioned as a possibility or a likelihood for the finished product - only speculative desire by reviewers and hopefuls who wanted it to be Webkit based but with no direct evidence of this. While it was possibly seen in beta, I can't see any mention of this intended for the final product. It's called beta (and alpha) for a reason. Can you point us to any?
    11-23-08 02:49 AM
    I'd seen early articles saying that the browser was rumored to be Webkit-based, but in the last few months I don't remember seeing anything specifically saying that the browser would use Webkit, though I do recall (but can't find offhand) a pre-release review referring to the browser as a RIM home-brew. I think it's been awhile since the last time I was under the impression that the browser would use Webkit.
    11-23-08 03:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD