Did a prl update, now my phone is roaming in my home area. The roaming icon is not flashing, however it makes me dial an area code to call a local number.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 11:04 AM
    Something obviously went wrong. Did you try doing the PRL update again?
    09-18-09 11:05 AM
    Yes did it 2 times

09-18-09 11:33 AM
    Did you do your PRL update while you were in your home area?(I know you said you are in your home area now :P) If not, then sometimes it can cause issues.
    09-18-09 11:39 AM
    Check with your local telco, it's possible they moved you to 10 digit dialing. We have that in Philly, they added 2 additional area codes and now we must dial all 10 numbers for all our calls. It happened here in Philly several years ago, maybe it's come to your town? Call you local landline company, Verizon, Bell South, etc, whomever it is.
    09-18-09 11:41 AM
    get this I call Verizon and they tell me that due to conversion and new towers that this whole area code thing is going to be sop for everybody once all the conversions are complete

09-18-09 12:15 PM
    Wow less than 10 numbers? Huh.... I've been living in LA for too long. Its been ten digit dialing ever since I can remember

09-18-09 12:21 PM
    That sounds like the way the entire phone system is going. Just dialing 7 numbers is going the way of the dodo Been like that around here for years.
    09-18-09 12:22 PM
    And I must say due to this conversion my signal is not as good as it once was

Last edited by bnmcamp; 09-18-09 at 01:36 PM.
    09-18-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD