Correct me if i'm wrong, but the official release out is .75? Or did i miss an upgrade somewhere?
    Yet there have now been three leaked ones since then? 85, 86, and now 90?
    Makes one wonder why these "leaks" are not good enough to become "official". Can someone shed light on this?
    01-22-09 05:41 PM
    The last official version for the 9530 is the .75.
    01-22-09 05:43 PM
    And in my opinion, .75 Composes NO problems for me. So theres no need to update the OS until Verizon drops another official one. You just have alot of people that like to beta test stuff. Then watch them complain about how there phones dont work right and what not. lol
    01-22-09 05:46 PM
    i was waiting too and had .75 til last night. i decided to try .90 and im so glad i did. its so much faster in every way. new keyboard for portrait mode.. letters are bigger on all keyboards which makes for easier typing. camera is practically instant.
    01-22-09 05:50 PM
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but the official release out is .75? Or did i miss an upgrade somewhere?
    Yet there have now been three leaked ones since then? 85, 86, and now 90?
    Makes one wonder why these "leaks" are not good enough to become "official". Can someone shed light on this?
    Makes you wonder? Install one of them and you'll see why they're not official releases. This is the normal process. Nothing is out of line.
    01-22-09 05:52 PM
    And in my opinion, .75 Composes NO problems for me. So theres no need to update the OS until Verizon drops another official one. You just have alot of people that like to beta test stuff. Then watch them complain about how there phones dont work right and what not. lol

Isn't that so true? And then you see 50 million posts beginning with "I just installed .xx OS, did I brick my phone". Followed by another 50 million responses of "did you pull the battery" or "delete the JXML or something another file and start all over again".
    01-22-09 05:56 PM
    So are the leaks basically like trials until they find one that doesnt crash? I wass thinking after three betas, there would be enough good stuff to comprise at least one official. Personally i am patient and prefer stability, so i wait for official releases, just hard to believe with all the known issues that another official hasn't been comprised yet.
    01-22-09 06:00 PM
    .75 for life baby
    01-22-09 06:05 PM
    Isn't that so true? And then you see 50 million posts beginning with "I just installed .xx OS, did I brick my phone". Followed by another 50 million responses of "did you pull the battery" or "delete the JXML or something another file and start all over again".
    The fact it's a beta has NOTHING to do with possibly bricking your device. Do you think you can't brick it installing the official release??? I hope not. Cause it can happen. It does happen. Also, FYI, the only difference between a official release and a beta, is the Vendor.Xml file is empty on the beta, and full on the official release. Other than that, there is ZERO difference.
    01-22-09 06:08 PM
    The fact it's a beta has NOTHING to do with possibly bricking your device. Do you think you can't brick it installing the official release??? I hope not. Cause it can happen. It does happen. Also, FYI, the only difference between a official release and a beta, is the Vendor.Xml file is empty on the beta, and full on the official release. Other than that, there is ZERO difference.
    Well that and overall stability (depending on which beta you have, .90 is pretty stable)
    01-22-09 06:18 PM
    LOL I was starting to wonder that as well. Was at the Verizon store two days ago and was told I needed to do an OS upgrade, so I searched and searched thinking I missed something and only found "leaked" versions. Finally called them and was told I had the latest, you'd think someone working in the tech dept would know that .75 was the latest.
    01-22-09 06:35 PM
    .75 for life baby
    Right next to your intel pentium, eh?
    01-22-09 06:39 PM
    But he never said it had anything to do with bricking the phone. He just said that's what a lot of pple ask after they try to install the leak. I think he is saying that people don't know what they're doing -- not that they're bricking their phones. I dunno, that's just how I interpreted it
    01-22-09 06:41 PM
    Well that and overall stability (depending on which beta you have, .90 is pretty stable)
    what CX ment was if .86 was made offical, then it would be the same thing as leak minus the Vender file. if .86 was made offical, it wouldn't have changed it's stability. just offical release tend to be more stable. that's all. .65 was not tho.
    01-22-09 06:46 PM
    Yes, copy the empty vendor.xml file somewhere to save it. When you upgrade, copy it into the new version, whether beta or official.

Makes the upgrade much smoother everytime I do that.
    01-22-09 10:01 PM
    Stability has nothing to do with it. If that were the case, .65 would have never been released. It's been said 1000s of times over and over, the only difference between a leaked version and an official is if Verizon chooses to release it. Take a look at .75 for example. It was leaked before Verizon 'officially' released it, but the leaked file and the one on VZW's website are identical!

Finally, anyone who bricks their phone does so because they either weren't paying attention or simply bad luck. I know people who have bricked officials and leaked just as often. The only difference is you can't call Verizon (or any other wireless provider) when you brick your phone trying to install an unsupported OS.
    01-22-09 10:21 PM
    what CX ment was if .86 was made offical, then it would be the same thing as leak minus the Vender file. if .86 was made offical, it wouldn't have changed it's stability. just offical release tend to be more stable. that's all. .65 was not tho.
    yea i get what he was sayin, i was just sayin which ever OS they chose to release would be the most stable of all the leaks.
    01-22-09 10:35 PM

I don't even know why you quoted me on this one because I didn't hint at anything that you are stating in your post.

But to answer your question, no I do not think that an official release won't cause a device to have issues. At least if a person were to download an official version and it causes a problem with their device they have a leg to stand on if they have to get it replaced.

Also, if the latest leaked versions of the OS were so great, I would think that BB would readily make them available on their site for download. There has to be an issue with them if they never become official software updates.

P.S. Your use of capitals and bold doesn't in anyway make your argument more credible.
    01-24-09 07:31 PM
    Someone hasn't drank their pint of patron.
    01-24-09 07:47 PM
    Someone hasn't drank their pint of patron.
    Haha! You are correct, but I am going to log out now and go take care of that. My next few posts will have a softer tone, I promise.
    01-24-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD