I think I must have missed a caller ID upgrade somewhere. I received a call this morning from a number not in my contacts, and when I did, the name of the company calling showed. When did Verizon start passing caller ID information when my phone rings? This was a landline.

I have no idea when this started. Almost everyone who calls me is in my contacts. I've never noticed it before today. Am I just dense, or is this new?

EDIT: Nevermind--I just realized Google Sync screwed up my contacts, and I have someone's home phone number listed as the business number in the wrong contact. Crap.
    Last edited by Bulldawg; 04-05-10 at 08:57 AM.
    04-05-10 08:36 AM
    That would be an awesome upgrade to have! Too bad it didn't actually happen...
    04-05-10 11:54 AM
    I think I must have missed a caller ID upgrade somewhere. I received a call this morning from a number not in my contacts, and when I did, the name of the company calling showed. When did Verizon start passing caller ID information when my phone rings? This was a landline.

I have no idea when this started. Almost everyone who calls me is in my contacts. I've never noticed it before today. Am I just dense, or is this new?

EDIT: Nevermind--I just realized Google Sync screwed up my contacts, and I have someone's home phone number listed as the business number in the wrong contact. Crap.
    That was my initial thought when I first saw this. Happens too much. I hate it
    04-05-10 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD