been reading alot of positive reviews over the 9530 .109 OS... however not noticing it... been getting alot of freeze ups and random reboots/lock-ups where it would just go black and the red light would be on.

Anyhow... what iam wondering is that if this has to do with the fact that i accidently forgot to delete the vendors.xml file prior to loading the OS... as it was really late at night

I was also considering either going back to the 103/106 hybrid which i had no problems with, or wiping everything, and do a fresh install of .109... what you guys think?
    02-26-09 07:59 PM
    Do this: wiping everything (jl_cmder), and do a fresh install of .109...

Leave vendor in the folder, don't remove.
    02-26-09 08:01 PM
    been reading alot of positive reviews over the 9530 .109 OS... however not noticing it... been getting alot of freeze ups and random reboots/lock-ups where it would just go black and the red light would be on.

Anyhow... what iam wondering is that if this has to do with the fact that i accidently forgot to delete the vendors.xml file prior to loading the OS... as it was really late at night

I was also considering either going back to the 103/106 hybrid which i had no problems with, or wiping everything, and do a fresh install of .109... what you guys think?
    If vendor.xml had been an issue it wouldn't have installed anyway. Just wipe it and reinstall if you can.
    02-26-09 08:42 PM
    Vendor.xml is for the OS to be installed on the right phone. That's all it really does.

If you were on Verizon and wanted Vodafones .78 version you would have to delete the Vendor.xml because it is Vodafone's Version and not Verizons for verizon phones.
    02-26-09 08:47 PM
    i haven't done a wipe when installing os updates and i haven't had an issue yet: knock on wood. .109 has been nothing but awesome...been on the phone, texting, messaging and emailing all day, and I haven't had any freezes...resets...or memory dropping....it's really a quality os imo
    02-26-09 11:28 PM
    I have never done a wipe and I have never removed the vendor file. I have used every leak with no issues.
    02-27-09 10:15 AM
    Vendor.xml is for the OS to be installed on the right phone. That's all it really does.

If you were on Verizon and wanted Vodafones .78 version you would have to delete the Vendor.xml because it is Vodafone's Version and not Verizons for verizon phones.
    Bell/Telus would be a better example. Voda is a 9500 build and their OS is not compatible with our 9530's. You can use the Java files I guess (as seen in the hybrids) but it wouldn't really update anything if you updated in full.

Only time verizon users have needed to delete vendor.xml has been when .76 came.
    02-27-09 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD