05-12-10 01:04 PM
85 1234
tools
    No.
    Live and learn.

If something seems to good to be true, it is.

Ugh, is there a high chance I'll get my money back?
    06-23-09 01:08 PM
    id say no.

Enjoy your $200 shampoo
    06-23-09 01:14 PM
    They're not giving me my money back.
    06-23-09 01:20 PM
    Did you pay with a credit card? If so, issue a chargeback. Your bank/credit card company will deal with it. Once Paypal sees that they are getting charged for this, they will send her to collections.

I know from experience.
    06-23-09 01:32 PM
    Okay, i'll do that thank you!
    06-23-09 01:36 PM
    Wow that is effed up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 01:44 PM
    sucks, I got had on a dish network receiver, paid two hundred bucks for the thing, and got a 10 dollar receiver in its place, pay pal denied my claim saying they cant guarantee what I get in ( I didn't do this on eBay so you have that going for you!)..good luck man, sucks there are stupid people out in this world.
    06-23-09 01:46 PM
    and definitely make sure you file the police report, too. You will probably need to do that for your credit card company anyways.
    06-23-09 01:47 PM
    Yeah, file the police report. I sold an electronic item (delivered via email) and 6 months later the person said they never got it and disputed the transaction. Paypal ruled in my favor, but the buyer issued a chargeback and my account went negative because Paypal wanted their money. Long story short, I refused to pay and was sent to collections.
    06-23-09 01:59 PM
    sucks, I got had on a dish network receiver, paid two hundred bucks for the thing, and got a 10 dollar receiver in its place, pay pal denied my claim saying they cant guarantee what I get in ( I didn't do this on eBay so you have that going for you!)..good luck man, sucks there are stupid people out in this world.
    I didn't buy it on eBay..
    06-23-09 02:05 PM
    There needs to be better legislation for this type of thing. That should be considered mailfraud and that ***** should be in jail.

06-23-09 02:06 PM
    P.S. Go ahead and post her email adress here so we can mailbomb her.

06-23-09 02:09 PM
    This is why I only use a credit card with fraud protection on Paypal. I do not even deal with the Paypal investigations, I go directly to my Credit Card, and let them deal with it. I usually get a nasty gram from Paypal saying we have dispute resolution, and I reply with you denied my last dispute that my credit card honored, therefore I am no longer wasting the time it takes to get my money returned through you guys. Also by alerting the CC company, they will not make you pay the disputed amount during the investigation.
    06-23-09 03:04 PM
    So I contacted MasterCard and they said there's high hopes for me getting my money back.
    06-23-09 03:21 PM
    right on! and take it from me.....never, never, never use your debit card online....only credit card. There are different rules for debit cards and you may be liable for up to $50 AND the money is taken out of your account until the dispute is resolved which can take weeks.

I used my debit card only once online to get concert tickets and 2 weeks later some punk kid from Maryland got my number and was charging tons of stuff to my account. Thankfully the bank called me and I was able to contact each company and tell them it was a stolen number and stop the purchases. He didn't get anything, but I had to do all the work to get it taken care of!
    06-23-09 04:08 PM
    And to think I got SO EXCITED for nothing but 10 packages of sample Alberto Shampoo. Great summer so far!
    06-23-09 05:55 PM
    well, look on the bright side....you are learing a good life lesson, and you are probably going to get your money back through Mastercard

hey, and you got some free shampoo! so you're actually saving money!
    06-23-09 06:19 PM
    Lol Yeah I guess so!
    06-23-09 06:27 PM
    Wow. Just read this. Sorry to hear that happened. I hate scammers. I've never even been scammed before... Seriously, you should post her email address, and her phone number so we can all have a go.
    06-23-09 06:46 PM
    I didn't buy it on eBay..
    There's your 1st problem. WTF is Kijiji?? Looks like scammer heaven.
    06-23-09 06:58 PM
    Hey
    whats her "name"
    he email address
    and her pay pal info.
    06-23-09 09:53 PM
    right on! and take it from me.....never, never, never use your debit card online....only credit card. There are different rules for debit cards and you may be liable for up to $50 AND the money is taken out of your account until the dispute is resolved which can take weeks.

I used my debit card only once online to get concert tickets and 2 weeks later some punk kid from Maryland got my number and was charging tons of stuff to my account. Thankfully the bank called me and I was able to contact each company and tell them it was a stolen number and stop the purchases. He didn't get anything, but I had to do all the work to get it taken care of!
    Ouch... I use my debit card loads of times when buying stuff online. I have a credit card with my paypal but its a prepaid one. I keep my paypal balance to $0.00 so it geos directly to my debit. Never had a problem though. I've only used it on ebay and here on CB.
    06-24-09 01:52 AM
    Ouch... I use my debit card loads of times when buying stuff online. I have a credit card with my paypal but its a prepaid one. I keep my paypal balance to $0.00 so it geos directly to my debit. Never had a problem though. I've only used it on ebay and here on CB.
    I think you're confused. There's a difference in using your debit card to make a credit transaction, rather than a debit transaction. People confuse the terms "credit card" and "debit card" because a debit card can have 2 functions; debit and credit.

I do exact same thing you do with PayPal, and what you're doing is safe.
    06-24-09 01:55 AM
    P.S. Go ahead and post her email adress here so we can mailbomb her.

^^^

+1
    06-24-09 02:03 AM
    I think you're confused. There's a difference in using your debit card to make a credit transaction, rather than a debit transaction. People confuse the terms "credit card" and "debit card" because a debit card can have 2 functions; debit and credit.

I do exact same thing you do with PayPal, and what you're doing is safe.
    Ah alritey. Good to know thank you! Feel more confident purchasing online now! heh.
    06-24-09 02:04 AM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD