*****she emailed me saying she sent it, and she gave me the tracking number as well!*********

Okay so I found a Blackberry Storm for $200 on Kijiji, but from another city and asked if she'd be able to ship it to where I live through paypal.

She said:
    "Ya send it to [email protected] if its a scam dont bother"
    I then told her it wasn't, I was just desperate for a Blackberry Storm and that my phone's been broken for 2 weeks.

We then discussed shipping and everything, and I paid her 5 days later. So I then replied saying I paid and she replied saying she'd send it tomorrow. I then replied to email me the tracking number.

The next day I emailed her asking if she sent it and she said she was at school, later she said she had to wait for my payment to get through since it was apparently at "high risk" but then it was cleared 3 hours later.

I didn't hear from her for about 3 days, when she said:

"Oh sorry, I haven't been on, I'll send it tmw."
    So I got excited and such. To find out she doesn't reply for another 3 days. So I get frustrated and email her saying I want my money back if she isn't going to send it.

She then replies the same day saying:

"my mom just got ran over by a car.. this isn't my main focus right now"

That was 2 days ago.. should I trust this or jump on PayPal dispute quickly?

Last edited by KC13; 06-18-09 at 07:58 PM.
    06-18-09 01:04 PM
    Tell her that her mom should of looked both ways before crossing the street.

Then tell her its been more than 7 business days and your time is money. If she doesn't send it immediately you call up PayPal and tell them to deliver a TRAIN next time to her moms doorstep.

However, this is just me.
    06-18-09 01:10 PM
    yet she has time to check email..Her mother being road pizza is not your focus right now either..dispute it..do a chargeback..call the local authorities and maybe it will become her focus after her pizza of a mother is about to see her little precious getting arrested..
    06-18-09 01:10 PM
    dispute with Paypal now
    06-18-09 01:12 PM
    Dispute it. If someone has taken your money, then I wouldn't trust it. The longer you wait the harder it will be to dispute it.
    06-18-09 01:13 PM
    Paypal dispute. It's totally a scam. Plus the dispute process is slow enough, don't waste any more time.
    06-18-09 01:15 PM
    Okay so I found a Blackberry Storm for $200 on Kijiji, but from another city and asked if she'd be able to ship it to where I live through paypal.

She said:
    "Ya send it to [email protected] if its a scam dont bother"
    I then told her it wasn't, I was just desperate for a Blackberry Storm and that my phone's been broken for 2 weeks.

We then discussed shipping and everything, and I paid her 5 days later. So I then replied saying I paid and she replied saying she'd send it tomorrow. I then replied to email me the tracking number.

The next day I emailed her asking if she sent it and she said she was at school, later she said she had to wait for my payment to get through since it was apparently at "high risk" but then it was cleared 3 hours later.

I didn't hear from her for about 3 days, when she said:

"Oh sorry, I haven't been on, I'll send it tmw."
    So I got excited and such. To find out she doesn't reply for another 3 days. So I get frustrated and email her saying I want my money back if she isn't going to send it.

She then replies the same day saying:

"my mom just got ran over by a car.. this isn't my main focus right now"

That was 2 days ago.. should I trust this or jump on PayPal dispute quickly?

If you even have to question this, you deserve to lose your money. File it NOW!
    06-18-09 01:15 PM
    My dad emailed her saying he's going to call the Ontario Police department if she doesn't send the phone or money in the next 24 hours.
    06-18-09 01:17 PM
    I would dispute with paypal immediately.
    06-18-09 01:18 PM
    yeah bro its safe to say you got scammed.
    06-18-09 01:19 PM
    Dispute! That sounds like such a bunch of bs!
    06-18-09 01:22 PM
    Filed dispute, it escalated to a claim from PayPal though, is that a good thing?
    06-18-09 01:24 PM

Then tell her its been more than 7 business days and your time is money. If she doesn't send it immediately you call up PayPal and tell them to deliver a TRAIN next time to her moms doorstep.

One of the funniest things Ive read in a long time.

Seriously, you are being scammed dude. Do something to protect yourself ASAP.
    06-18-09 01:26 PM
    Who are you...Homer Simpson? File a dispute. Even if she were telling the truth, I'd find a Storm from somebody who better understands a business transaction. I read a few days ago about Best Buy selling new ones for $49.

Grey
    06-18-09 01:42 PM

LMAO...HAHAHAHA
    06-18-09 01:43 PM
    if its not an ebay seller with 100% feedback and 10,000 sales, or craigslist where you can meet in person with cash and check out the phone, its gunna be a scam...

be careful next time. Good thing you got some homies here so you weren't too late on that dispute.
    06-18-09 01:45 PM
    Get your money back!!!
    06-18-09 02:43 PM
    yet she has time to check email..Her mother being road pizza is not your focus right now either..dispute it..do a chargeback..call the local authorities and maybe it will become her focus after her pizza of a mother is about to see her little precious getting arrested..
    I'm sorry but i cannot stop laughing about her mums being road pizza.
    06-18-09 02:57 PM
    Dispute it I liked the guys response "road pizza"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 03:00 PM
    So she emailed me just now and said it's on its way and she gave me the tracking number..........
    06-18-09 07:38 PM
    Smells like a scam, sounds like a scam. Hope you have better luck dealing with PayPal than I have...
    06-18-09 07:55 PM
    Yeah I wouldn't trust her after she has jerked your chain so much already. Force the return of the money and tell her to play on the highway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 09:33 PM
    Is the tracking number even valid?..
    06-18-09 10:30 PM
    i hope when receiving the phone (if it ain't a scam) that the phone will actually work and be in the condition she told you it was..otherwise badluck x2
    06-18-09 10:49 PM
    File the claim with PayPal. I am a Sheriff's Sergeant (In the city right next to Ontario) and the faster you file the claim the better. If you get your money back the police report is a waste of time because the D.A. wont file. If you don't get your money, go ahead and file a police report.

If you have any legal questions feel free to PM me.
    06-18-09 11:06 PM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD