I just came to back from the store and I've noticed some pretty alarming things about my new phone....

First off there's a decent sized gap between the lower part of the screen and the phone's frame. Like almost as thick my my fingernail.... and the light leaks out when the phone screen is on.... and I can see some of it's guts....

Also when I shake the phone the screen rattles.... and I mean really gently.... like how hard you'd rock a baby to sleep o.0;

Are all storms built like this or did I just get a exceptionally shoddy one? Should I go back to Best Buy and demand a new one?
    02-26-09 09:16 PM
    I'd say yours is probably bad. I'd never heard of those problems. I'd return it if you can. No point in settling for something you feel is inadequately put together.
    02-26-09 09:18 PM
    Okay. Good to hear. I wasn't sure if I was just being very picky or if it was bad.
    02-26-09 09:22 PM
    Well I've been through 4 storms and all of them bleed ligh and the gaps are a bit thick

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 09:24 PM
    I'm on my 5th storm, and all of them lecked light at the bottom and sides... and yes, u can also see some of its guts through the gaps on all 5 of my storms
    02-26-09 09:28 PM
    How about the screen problems? I shake it very lightly and the sound it makes is really, really loud.
    02-26-09 09:31 PM
    How about the screen problems? I shake it very lightly and the sound it makes is really, really loud.
    the latest storm I got, it does not move around when I shake it, its rather solid... the other 4 storms I had did rattle around when I went to shake them.

id take it back to best buy and see what they say about it
    02-26-09 09:34 PM
    how do you go through 4 storms?
    thats not bad considering some here are on there 6th and 7th one so far
    02-26-09 09:36 PM
    yea but how? what kind of problems are they having
    only 2 of mine had problems... one had dust issue inside the screen, and the second would not turn on.

the other ones I had got damaged in the line of work (construction) and needed to be replaced from insurance
    02-26-09 09:44 PM
    Mine is very stable. My only complaint is that the thick screen cover from rim is knocked. It actually came halfway off today. I'm trying ti decide if I should take this one back and go for number two?

Other than that, I love the damn thing!

02-26-09 09:49 PM
    Correction. Knocked=knicked

02-26-09 09:50 PM
    It sounds normal. The display is free floating inside the frame and requires some room to move. The display isn't even attached to anything...the only thing holding it in is the frame around the top. The part of the display under the actual touch glass is wider so it doesn't fall out. Then on the bottom it has some small gel like pads that compress when you push down.

I really wish I had taken pictures or video now when I took mine apart so people could see how the pieces fit together.
    02-27-09 03:22 AM
    That all sounds normal to me. The gap and the lights. I hate the lights, makes watching a video look like ****!
    02-27-09 03:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD