OK, I'm going to need some serious wine after this!! LOL I'm trying to upgrade to Lyricidals .141/5.0 hybrid. I went through the step by step instructions and the phone, at least, is working!! LOL A miracle, considering who was doing the upgrade!!
    Here's my question: When I check to see what OS is on the phone, here is what it says:
    v.4.7.0.141 (platform 4.0.0.162)
    Crtyptographic kernel v3.8.5.51

Is this correct??? Boy, I hope so!! Don't think I can handle doing this again!! Thanks, and thanks to everyone for your info and encouragement!!
    05-17-09 03:19 PM
    Yes it is correct. That is the same OS I have and I did mine last night. My phone is running so smooth and fast. It even boots up so fast!!! Battery life so far is awesome. You can look in options--->applications--->hit the blackberry key----> modules and see if you have files that say 5.0 there to make you feel better. You will have a mix of files.

Welcome to Crackberry!

MrsStraty
    05-17-09 03:28 PM
    OMG....did I just help someone....after ALL the help I had received to get this right. I feel like a pro now....NOT!

MrsStraty
    05-17-09 03:29 PM
    It should be v.141 and Platform 174... Unless he changed something since I installed it a few days ago

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 03:30 PM
    Mine says platform .162 abd I just did it last night and I have 5.0 files in my modules.

MrsStraty
    05-17-09 03:32 PM
    The 5.0 files you have ... are they 0.90 or 0.93? Maybe he swapped a couple files...

05-17-09 03:37 PM
    the core radio file is from 132 now and not 141. so if you show 162 for the platform it is correct.
    05-17-09 03:38 PM
    What's the problem with the. 141 radio? Don't have any...

05-17-09 03:40 PM
    It should be v.141 and Platform 174... Unless he changed something since I installed it a few days ago

I believe he changed the radio to .132 so it should be platform .162

05-17-09 03:40 PM
    OMG....did I just help someone....after ALL the help I had received to get this right. I feel like a pro now....NOT!

MrsStraty
    You cetainly did!!! And thank you soooooo much!! I did check and I do have 5.0 as well!!! Whew!!! I do NOT want to do that again!!! Held my breath for almost 1/2 hour but the directions Lyricidal posted were perfect. Thanks so much!! You have all been soooooo helpful!!!
    05-17-09 03:42 PM
    I stand corrected then... Is it worth the downgrade and is the radio file all he changed?

05-17-09 03:42 PM
    You cetainly did!!! And thank you soooooo much!! I did check and I do have 5.0 as well!!! Whew!!! I do NOT want to do that again!!! Held my breath for almost 1/2 hour but the directions Lyricidal posted were perfect. Thanks so much!! You have all been soooooo helpful!!!

You certainly have a talent there... 1/2 hour ! Wow... Jk

05-17-09 03:47 PM
    You certainly have a talent there... 1/2 hour ! Wow... Jk

LOL OK You caught me!! I cheated a little!! LOL But it sure felt like it!! Now, my biggest decision is red or white while I enjoy my "new" phone!!
    05-17-09 03:53 PM
    I stand corrected then... Is it worth the downgrade and is the radio file all he changed?

if you're not having any problems with .141 radio then I'd leave it alone...

I installed w/.132 radio and had issues....had to move on to something else....

these Storms react so differently, I think the key is finding what works with yours and stick with it....
    05-17-09 04:10 PM
    I'd go for white... LOL...

05-17-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD