I keep getting a failure to connect to gps error at startup. I bout it from Handango.

thanks
    01-29-09 04:46 PM
    Did you by chance turn on/enable GPS on your Storm? If it is set for 911 only, then the GPS will not work.
    01-29-09 06:10 PM
    Figured it out, i actually did buy the wrong Handango version. Bought the correct one and it works now
    01-29-09 11:52 PM
    Wow.... you did get the other purchase credited back to your account, right?

Also, glad you got it figured out
    01-30-09 04:48 AM
    Yes, returned no problem.

thanks again
    01-30-09 01:08 PM
    how is garmin working out for you. I tried to download the 7 day trial and it wouldn't let me saying the my device was supported.
    01-30-09 01:35 PM
    Try this link from your Blackberry. I used it this morning.

Garmin Mobile

Bob
    02-07-09 08:24 AM
    Hey everyone question. I'm with Telus not Verizon so I downloaded the garmin 7 day trial. It starts up fine no errors, but I'm indoors and it shows my location so I assume through cell towers not GPS. Only thing is I can't seem to find anywhere to see if its actually working with the built in GPS. I'll try going outside after but I want to make sure it actually does work before buying it. The other question I have is does it only work on this storm, meaning if I need to get my phone replaced or upgrade to a different blackberry it won't work? I only ask because I already have a tomtom but it would be nice to have everything all on one. I just don't want to spend $100 on this considering I replace my phone every 6-8 months!
    02-07-09 09:50 AM
    I would not get it then. Garmin states that they will generate a new key only 1 time within the first year if you phone is defective. After that you are on your own.

Bob
    02-07-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD