Is it possible on the Storm? I don't want to have to go to my address book every time i make a call.

Thanks in advance.
    11-18-08 10:36 AM
    Yes and No....

No, it's not like the others where you just type in numbers from the home screen.

Yes, you can do it easily without having to go into your address book.

You just have to click on the Green "Call" button and this brings up your number pad to dial a number, then hit the Green "Call" button again to place the call.
    11-18-08 10:51 AM
    I am pretty sure it is the same with any blackberry, but how i make a call is hold down the green phone key (answer) for a few seconds and my contacts pop up. I then choose who i want to call and what number. I am hoping this will be the same for the storm.
    11-18-08 10:51 AM
    thanks for the response. once you push the call button the first time, can you type in letters to get to specific contacts (like you can on other BB's) or can you only dial the numbers?
    11-18-08 10:52 AM
    Good question...I have no clue. From what I've seen (watching the videos on YouTube) it just shows the numbers. But maybe someone with some hands on a demo unit or a Vodophone user can clarify that for us.
    11-18-08 10:54 AM
    I am pretty sure it is the same with any blackberry, but how i make a call is hold down the green phone key (answer) for a few seconds and my contacts pop up. I then choose who i want to call and what number. I am hoping this will be the same for the storm.
    Scott,

this works for pre-existing numbers, but to dial a non-contact number, you press the green button and a keypad pops up
    11-18-08 10:55 AM
    thanks for the response. once you push the call button the first time, can you type in letters to get to specific contacts (like you can on other BB's) or can you only dial the numbers?

Yes you can type in letters and it will show specific contacts. Then you can choose who to call and what number if they have mobile, home, business..etc. Although i do not have a storm so i am not for sure if it works the same way.
    Last edited by scottlucky13; 11-18-08 at 10:59 AM.
    11-18-08 10:55 AM
    Scott,

this works for pre-existing numbers, but to dial a non-contact number, you press the green button and a keypad pops up
    From that same menu for pre-existing numbers you can choose [Use Once] and dial a different number if you want.
    11-18-08 10:57 AM
    thanks scott
    11-18-08 11:00 AM
    This thread brings up another question for me. My little Moto W385 brings up my recent calls when I press its green button. Then I can click on(for instance) my wife's cell number and just call her(again) with the pressing of the green button again without having to go to Contacts or key in the number.

Will the Storm allow for this too? I'm thinking it must as this is such a basic cell phone operation right?

Dan
    11-18-08 11:41 AM
    very good question. i hope the answers were good for you. it helped me. i forgot about hitting the call button.
    11-18-08 12:18 PM
    This thread brings up another question for me. My little Moto W385 brings up my recent calls when I press its green button. Then I can click on(for instance) my wife's cell number and just call her(again) with the pressing of the green button again without having to go to Contacts or key in the number.

Will the Storm allow for this too? I'm thinking it must as this is such a basic cell phone operation right?

Dan
    The simple answer is YES
    11-18-08 12:33 PM
    I've never owned a blackberry, so this might be a dumb question but, if the green button brings up the number pad, is there an easy way to get to your call history?
    11-18-08 06:26 PM
    I would like to rebump this question. The main thread of questions/tips is just overwhelming right now.

Anyway. So I have my phone setup where the right conv. Key is the vitural keyboard. So home the Main screen I click it and the keyboard comes up.

I've gotten used to being able to just type a name and the BB starts searching through the phone book.
    Now, when I start typing a name, the phone number pad comes up and it starts dialing a new number.

I can't find a setting to change this default.

Any help?
    11-24-08 12:22 AM
    When that dial pad comes up, click the blackberry button, go to options->General Options and set initial view to contacts

Edit: NM.. that failed utterly and completely. My bad, misread your question.
    Last edited by dontfeedthenerd; 11-24-08 at 12:32 AM.
    11-24-08 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD