Can anyone tell me what the advantages are to wiping your device first then install the new .328 OS versus installing it over .148? My Storm came with .148 and I installed Blackberry DM tonight on my PC for the first time, plugged the phone in, and updated. Seems to be working fine. I have maybe 10 apps downloaded and I'm booting with 28.0MB of memory. Thanks!
    10-26-09 02:37 AM
    I don't think there is any advantage, unless the upgrade fails. I've never wiped before installing an OS upgrade, and I haven't had a problem. If you DO experience a problem with an upgrade, it's likely to leave you with an unbootable device. In that case, wiping gives you a clean start.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 02:44 AM
    Everyone is going to say different things. Some will agree that it doesn't matter, some will say that starting fresh always helps memory.

I used to just install over previous OS but lately I've been finding myself wiping the BB with BBSAK and installing fresh. I don't even load the back up. I only sync my contacts/memo pad/calendar, etc. I use like maybe 5 apps and i just redownload them. 2 out of 5 have backup files so that saves a lot of trouble.
    10-26-09 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD