Hi All!

Like many have done, I've got a replacement S2 on its way to me and have to consider how to treat it when it get here.

Are there any known memory resource issues or corrupt files issues when using Device Switch Wizard within Desktop Mgr? I could certainly build it up from scratch, but the Switcher could make life easier, if it doesn't bring its own unique set of problems with its use.

Any insights from those who have used both methods on the same model device?

Thanks!
    06-02-10 03:50 PM
    Go with device switcher, everything has always gone smoothly and transfered over without a hitch for me.
    06-02-10 04:35 PM
    Go with device switcher, everything has always gone smoothly and transfered over without a hitch for me.
    Thanks. For some reason the Switch Wizard doesn't allow you to change from device to device when the PIN remains the same for each. At least that's the way it showed up for me and would not allow me to get beyond the initial screen.

So, looks like I'm building from scratch.
    06-03-10 10:31 AM
    How'd you keep the PIN the same?

BTW, I just switched from a Storm to a Storm2 last night and the Device Switch worked great! That saved me so much time and trouble.
    06-03-10 12:37 PM
    Thanks. For some reason the Switch Wizard doesn't allow you to change from device to device when the PIN remains the same for each. At least that's the way it showed up for me and would not allow me to get beyond the initial screen.

So, looks like I'm building from scratch.
    I didn't think that was possible. I thought all BB pins were unique.
    06-03-10 12:48 PM
    It's not possible. All PINs are unique.

That said, I prefer to load virtually all applications from scratch. Just personal preference. BES resends contacts, calendar and device preferences so the whole process is not terribly difficult. I keep the backup and temp (device switch) files anyway - just in case an application is no longer available for download. But feel like side loading or OTA of clean installs works best for me.
    06-03-10 01:10 PM
    I didn't think that was possible. I thought all BB pins were unique.
    Neither did I, but that's exactly how Desktop Mgr is recognizing it (and what it shows in Status). Go figure.
    06-03-10 01:42 PM
    Sorry - that is not exactly the case. Your DM is only reading one device. Do you have them both plugged in at the same time?

Please try again. Follow the Device Switch Wizard directions exactly. Give the replacement device time to be recognized by the computer.
    06-03-10 02:07 PM
    Sorry - that is not exactly the case. Your DM is only reading one device. Do you have them both plugged in at the same time?

Please try again. Follow the Device Switch Wizard directions exactly. Give the replacement device time to be recognized by the computer.
    I can assure you that the PC has been given all the time necessary to recognize that Blackberry. The "directions" of the Switch Wizard are pretty self-explanatory, especially at the beginning where only the same PIN is available to select under both "Current" device as well as "New" device.

I may be new here, and haven't used some of the newer features of DM, but Blackberry is hardly new to me, having used them since the 7290 was released. It is, indeed, the case though not the issue of importance to me. I'm building this S2 back up by scratch.
    06-03-10 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD