If I use Desktop manager to switch from my S1 to the new S2 I just bought will everything transfer over, apps and data, because of the different versions?
    05-09-10 12:03 PM
    Data will transfer regardless of the version. Apps should transfer without problems as well as they are both Storms.
    Enjoy your new Berry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 12:22 PM
    If I use Desktop manager to switch from my S1 to the new S2 I just bought will everything transfer over, apps and data, because of the different versions?
    Yes they will, but do a backup to be safe first on the S1. Also, some apps may require updating after the switch. Make sure you let the app developers know that you have a new PIN for any registered apps.
    05-09-10 12:22 PM
    Ok now the second stupid q about this. Can I do the device switch with DM today and keep the S1 active and activate the S2 tomorrow after I have a chance to run to the Verizon store to get some accessories like screen protectors for the S2?
    05-09-10 12:44 PM
    Ok now the second stupid q about this. Can I do the device switch with DM today and keep the S1 active and activate the S2 tomorrow after I have a chance to run to the Verizon store to get some accessories like screen protectors for the S2?
    Yes you can!!

I've done it a couple times when i got my replacement phones!

JP
    05-09-10 01:08 PM
    Oh forgot to add, I think I am done asking stupid questions on this topic but I will leave room for a few more as the week goes on LOL.
    05-09-10 01:11 PM
    Ummm Where did VZ navigator go?
    05-09-10 04:36 PM
    When you activate the S2, it should pushed to you.
    05-09-10 05:04 PM
    Ok

Thank you!
    05-09-10 05:50 PM
    Probably should have checked this out before hand, but is .607 that bad? Should I have downgraded first?
    05-10-10 07:42 AM
    Probably should have checked this out before hand, but is .607 that bad? Should I have downgraded first?
    I'm also on Verizon and went from Storm to Storm2. I only use "official" OS's and have been very happy with .607
    05-10-10 08:05 AM
    Yeah I am chicken to use leaks and hybrids. The one thing I notice is the complaint about the bluetooth being low is my biggest issue. Switched over today and things seem fine except for that. Is there anything I am missing or forgetting to ask about the switch over?
    05-10-10 10:33 AM
    Yeah I am chicken to use leaks and hybrids. The one thing I notice is the complaint about the bluetooth being low is my biggest issue. Switched over today and things seem fine except for that. Is there anything I am missing or forgetting to ask about the switch over?
    You could try 517, that's an official OS.
    05-10-10 03:24 PM
    Can I take my Verizon sim card from my old storm 1 and put it in the storm 2? Will that make my old storm unlocked?

05-15-10 02:54 AM
    Can I take my Verizon sim card from my old storm 1 and put it in the storm 2? Will that make my old storm unlocked?

No. Removing a Sim card does not unlock your phone. To unlock the phone you must call Verizon and get the unlock code or purchase one.

05-15-10 03:39 AM
    Ok but what if I switched sim cards? Would that hurt anything?
    05-15-10 03:49 PM
    No won't hurt it.

05-15-10 03:50 PM
    It seems most of your questions have been answered. I'm sure by now, you've discovered any apps you may have had on your S1, may not work on the S2 until you notify the publisher of your new PIN. There are a few S1 apps that don't work on the S2, I forget which ones they were for me, but it was not a big deal.

As to .607, yeah, the BT issue is pretty bad, I just keep having hope that they will get a fix out soon enough. Interestingly, I ran across a thread over in the Bold or Tour section, that complained of the very same thing...that all releases seem to be negatively impacting BT volume. Go figure...c'mon RIM, bad enough to hose one OS, but you prefer to replicate bad coding across all the other platforms? The only saving grace is, if they get enough complains from ALL BB users, they may jump on it just a little sooner!
    05-15-10 04:03 PM
    All of a sudden I am having a problem with opera mini 4

Going to search now for threads that concern this.
    05-15-10 04:16 PM
    Anyone have a link to DL .517? The Verizon version?
    05-15-10 05:01 PM
    There is no VZW version of .517. Their last official OS was .320. .517 was an official release from some other carrier outside the US, but you can still use it, you just have to delete the Vendor file. Sorry, I don't have a link, but I'm sure someone does.

Anyone have a link to DL .517? The Verizon version?
    05-15-10 05:58 PM
    How hard is it to change the screen on this phone? Broke mine today when it fell from my case
    06-27-10 04:44 PM
    How hard is it to change the screen on this phone? Broke mine today when it fell from my case
    That really sucks. Do you have insurance? These vids will give you a idea

BlackBerry Storm 2 Video: Disassembled to the core

06-27-10 05:08 PM
    Bought it here because I was tired of the S1.
    06-27-10 05:21 PM
    Going to the Verizon store tomorrow. Going to let them do it.
    06-27-10 05:21 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD