Hello,

I am not a memory expert, therefore hoping for some input. When I do battery pulls, I never get more than 35MB in free memory. I see that many others are getting 45-50MB, therefore I am hoping to figure out what is killing my memory, even after battery pulls.

OS is .75

I have all preloaded software still on the Storm, including VVM, Navigator, FaceBook and so on.

I have added:

QuickLaunch
    Google Maps
    AP Mobile
    About a dozen pictures
    About a dozen songs
    Have about 250 "contacts"
    About a dozen favorites in the browser

Would I be correct in assuming that pretty much everything above right after a battery pull would be on the media card, therefore should have little or no impact on device memory?

Based on the info above, would anyone have any ideas as to why my device memory is never more than 35MB, and obviously with the "memory leaks" only goes down from that point?

Thanks!
    EW
    02-20-09 03:40 PM
    While this won't directly address your question, you're turning a non-issue into an issue... Needlessly.

Don't get sucked into the bottomless pit of despair that is obsessing over free app mem. If your phone is running well, and performance is pretty consistent, don't worry about how much free app mem there is or isn't.
    02-20-09 03:46 PM
    im at 47.1 right now and thats because i dont have all that crap on it - i have a ton of music but thats stored on the SD delete all languages backgrounds and uneccesary apps if u dont use it delete it and really if there is no problem with your BB dw bout it man
    02-20-09 05:17 PM
    While this won't directly address your question, you're turning a non-issue into an issue... Needlessly.

Don't get sucked into the bottomless pit of despair that is obsessing over free app mem. If your phone is running well, and performance is pretty consistent, don't worry about how much free app mem there is or isn't.
    Can we get you to stop obsessing about people wanting more memory and you pretending that the lame azz 128MB the Storm has will be enough when we load tons of apps and themes on the device? Mmmmkay? Thanks.
    02-20-09 05:21 PM
    Can we get you to stop obsessing about people wanting more memory and you pretending that the lame azz 128MB the Storm has will be enough when we load tons of apps and themes on the device? Mmmmkay? Thanks.
    I'm with you on the 128MB not cutting it, but at the same time there's nothing I can do about it, so I just don't spend my time worrying about it. If I had an upper level exec job at RIM, then I might be calling together some project heads and asking them what can be done about this.

So if people here want to start buying up a lot of RIM stock and then use it to pressure RIM to hire me on as some kind of VP of project management or something, I'll see what I can do to get the problem resolved. Short of that, I may not like it, but I can't do anything about it, so I'm not going to get my panties all in a bunch over it. Which is a good thing, since I don't have any panties.
    02-20-09 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD