Simple question....but getting the result Im after...IMPOSSIBLE!

How can I determine what the device memory is actually at and how can I clean my Storm up so its not clocking every time I touch it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    03-08-09 11:33 AM
    Ok to check the device memory go to options then status. There will be a files free section and that number is your files free. When you check your memory you do it in megabytes which is how many millions you have. If my device memory is 19000000 then I have 19mb free. Download the application logmaid to clear your log every hour so it doesn't log everythi g you do. Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 11:40 AM
    Options > memory > application memory. Thats the number you're looking for.
    03-08-09 11:43 AM
    Ok to check the device memory go to options then status. There will be a files free section and that number is your files free. When you check your memory you do it in megabytes which is how many millions you have. If my device memory is 19000000 then I have 19mb free. Download the application logmaid to clear your log every hour so it doesn't log everythi g you do. Hope that helps
    Your calculation is a bit off, though it's a good ballpark type figure. Computers, including the Storm, use binary so you have to use base 2 math, not base 10 (decimal) like we're taught in school. So it works out to 1024bytes = 1KB, 1024KB = 1MB, 1024MB = 1GB, and so on.
    03-08-09 12:06 PM
    Your calculation is a bit off, though it's a good ballpark type figure. Computers, including the Storm, use binary so you have to use base 2 math, not base 10 (decimal) like we're taught in school. So it works out to 1024bytes = 1KB, 1024KB = 1MB, 1024MB = 1GB, and so on.
    Hmm I didn't know that. Good to know, thanks for the correction I will copy that down for future reference

03-08-09 12:09 PM
    Appreciated guys...this spiked me from 27mb to just over 40mb. Although visiting Crackberry.com still seems extreemley slow compared to most sites.
    03-08-09 03:21 PM
    Appreciated guys...this spiked me from 27mb to just over 40mb. Although visiting Crackberry.com still seems extreemley slow compared to most sites.
    On the computer or on mobiles if you're visiting it from your storm go to http://m.crackberry.com

03-08-09 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD