Hi,

I'm hoping to get a few replies here, although I am probably the millionth person to post a similar issue here. I've had the Storm since 11/21, but with one replacement. The replacement was .75 (and still is) and worked far better than the original launch one.

Here is the problem. When riding the train in the morning - I listen to mps3 on my Storm, while I use Blackberry Messenger. After a while of typing messages, and about 20 minutes into it - when I hold down the shift key to switch between numbers and letters, it lags a bit, but then after a few times when I try to "lock" it into numbers only - it gives me a device error and reboots. Since November, this was the only time my device ever restarted - during a lot of typing, and shifting over to numbers from letters and vice versa - has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on why this happens?

Much appreciated. I don't know how much longer I can hold out on only .75.

Thanks.
    02-24-09 09:30 AM
    It seems to be somewhat common. Almost random though, some people have had it while typing, others just with the phone sitting there. May be a bug in the OS. I've personally had it happen a few times in a day, then i'll go 2 weeks without ever seeing it.
    02-24-09 10:33 AM
    I'm still on .75, and I've had the same device error, though it has definitely gotten worse as time passes. It only ever happens to me when typing in my password while locking the shift from letter input to number input. It used to occur once a month, but now it reboots every day or two.

I'm putting some serious thought into upgrading to .109...
    02-24-09 10:38 AM
    i'm on .75 and it happens when i switch from numbers to letters while typing its a bug in the os thats all i'm about to upgrade to .109 I've waited long enough
    02-24-09 11:44 AM
    It wasn't a problem when I got my first replacement device at the end of December, then over time they started happening again. Obviously I've installed, uninstalled various apps over the last month or so, but have also done a wipe and restore with .75 twice. It's just annoying that I can't even type too much while using BB MSGR while listening to music.

I'm hoping that this was addressed in the more recent OS updates. It would suck if everything was fast, and then this still happened. I'm still debating the .109 myself.
    02-24-09 11:45 AM
    i'm on .75 and it happens when i switch from numbers to letters while typing its a bug in the os thats all i'm about to upgrade to .109 I've waited long enough
    let us know how it goes!
    02-24-09 11:46 AM
    will do nexpos
    02-24-09 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD