Is there a way to determine what apps are open or running on the Storm?

I noticed by memory was down to 8mb this morning and had to click six differnt programs to determine if I had left something running. Turns out I left my pictures open with a pic up and in the middle of resizing it last night. Once I closed the media app (after hitting "close" 4 times) my memory went up to 18mb.

Seems to be a waste of time having to click every app on the Storm to find which one was left open. It sure would be nice to have a program that you could click and it would just show you what's open.

thanks in advance.
    02-08-09 06:38 AM
    Hold the BB button on the main screen will show you what apps are open... Some just have to stay open. With regards your memory loss take a look at this thread here
    02-08-09 07:03 AM
    Hold the BB button on the main screen will show you what apps are open... Some just have to stay open. With regards your memory loss take a look at this thread here
    Thanks! Never realised the BB button provided that option!

Appreciate the memory leak info and thankfully, I found that a while back and have mine set up that way. A battery pull every few days seems to help and now that I know where to find which apps are running, things should be better.
    02-08-09 07:15 AM
    how can u tell how much memory u have free/running
    02-08-09 08:05 AM
    Options icon then select Memory

The Options Icon gives you lots of info on different things, example, Status tells you how much batter life you have remaining.
    02-08-09 08:09 AM
    I changed my left smart key to the application switcher so I can quickly press it to multitask and also quickly press it to see which programs are running and which I can close.
    02-08-09 08:12 AM
    so whats normal free space to be running? or ideal?

right now im at 13.1mb
    02-08-09 08:15 AM
    okay im at 16.9 now with almost all programs closed
    02-08-09 08:26 AM
    The more the merrier.

I've deleted all apps I don't use and usually rest at 40
    02-08-09 08:39 AM
    Hold the BB button on the main screen will show you what apps are open... Some just have to stay open.
    Nice bb button function, thank you for the post. My application Memory Free Space is 27.7MB on my Storm 9530 v4.7.0.75 phone.

I was wondering which applications are to stay open? I tried to close each and every application that I had open. I assume this list that follows are to stay open by default: VyMail, Homescreen, Blackberry Messenger, Phone, and Browser. I noticed my Messages application didn't close till I had first read all the emails that were not read. I have not as of yet used my BB Messenger, since I don't currently have any BB users in my contact list. The VyMail application appears to be the only 3rd party app I have that remains open so far.
    02-08-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD