Lost my phone and it ended up in the wrong hands, but I got it back. Now I wanna see if I can retrieve the sms messages they sent out, that they deleted. Is this possible?
    07-26-09 08:20 PM
    I think not. At least not without a court order and a lawyer
    07-26-09 08:23 PM
    AHHHHHHH!!!
    07-26-09 08:26 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong but I remember hearing from someone I know before that he called Verizon and they are able to send you a copy of texts over a 30 day period or something?
    07-26-09 08:33 PM
    Open your sms, push the Menu button, view folders. Try that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 08:43 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong but I remember hearing from someone I know before that he called Verizon and they are able to send you a copy of texts over a 30 day period or something?
    At least worth a shot, I guess. Not sure, never tried. Highly doubt it though
    Last edited by MarcSt; 07-26-09 at 09:37 PM.
    07-26-09 08:45 PM
    Open your sms, push the Menu button, view folders. Try that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If they deleted the messages, folders would be empty.
    07-26-09 08:47 PM
    If they deleted the messages, folders would be empty.
    I'm pretty sure if you are signed up on MYVERIZON you can get the to's and from. No content but you could identify the numbers that were texted.

b.b.
    07-26-09 09:06 PM
    I'm pretty sure if you are signed up on MYVERIZON you can get the to's and from. No content but you could identify the numbers that were texted.

b.b.
    This is 100% correct. i just logged onto My Verizon and was able to see all of the from / to phone numbers made during this cycle. No actual texts though
    07-26-09 09:33 PM
    Thanks guys tried all of those and no dice.
    They said I would need a court order to get it from verizon.
    Was hoping that it would be hidden somewhere in a backup memory and I backedup my blackberry the day before.
    07-26-09 09:34 PM
    Thanks guys tried all of those and no dice.
    They said I would need a court order to get it from verizon.
    Was hoping that it would be hidden somewhere in a backup memory and I backedup my blackberry the day before.

dude. why would you need a court order for your own phone? you are paying for the sms service.... maybe remind them of that,..... also i wouldnt tell your service provider that someone else sent them ( that ll just confuse the situation to them ) .

also, if memory serves me right, if you backed up the smss before they were deleted they should still be accessable.

dennis
    07-26-09 10:18 PM
    dude. why would you need a court order for your own phone? you are paying for the sms service.... maybe remind them of that,..... also i wouldnt tell your service provider that someone else sent them ( that ll just confuse the situation to them ) .

also, if memory serves me right, if you backed up the smss before they were deleted they should still be accessable.

dennis
    because they don't actively offer this service to customers. only with a court order or an HQ exception could you get physical print outs of the sms content.

and the phone was stolen, and used while missing, then the sms logs were deleted before he got it back, so any backups i'm presuming were before the theft, and contain no information after that point.

OP, you could always escalate to the corporate office at HQ and see if they'll do it for you. if they don't then a court order is what you'll need...
    07-27-09 12:16 AM
    i did all that u said and i cannot find my sms folder please help me as i cannot receivea ny text sms
    10-31-09 02:20 PM
    Off course! Actually, all you lost data are still on your phone or SD card.You can�t find the lost files back without recovery tool. If you deleted something from your phone you can get it back by the use of Data Recovery Tools. This can recover deleted photos,SMS, phone book numbers or contacts from the SIM card memory. You can also recovery data from your memory card through the same.
    More read: Recover SMS, Contacts, photos, video on Android

IPhone 4 iTunes Data Recovery(on Win)

IPhone iTunes Data Recovery Mac(on Mac)
    Last edited by jancesonlLEE; 06-02-13 at 01:28 AM.
    06-02-13 01:16 AM
    What service provider do you have? You can only retrieve sms from your own number though.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 03:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD