Gotta stop working this late...
    I must be hallucinating, I thought yesterday I saw Ascendo's DataVault on sale till Monday, guess not, I don't know what I saw.
    That's it, I'm going to bed!
    Last edited by Demetris; 12-01-08 at 06:59 PM.
    12-01-08 06:40 AM
    ... leaving to go to post office, I think it might be my Storm!
    Wish me luck!
    12-01-08 07:01 PM
    Yes, there is one VERY similar, and seems as good, "DataVault" by Ascendo Inc.
    But, it's confusing. Crackberry site says it's NOT compatible w/the Storm, but Ascendo's site says it is.
    Hi Demetris,

Ascendo DataVault is compatible with the BlackBerry Storm. I have updated the compatibility list in the CrackBerry.com store to include the BlackBerry Storm, BlackBery Bold, BlackBerry Flip and most other models.

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo Inc.
    12-01-08 09:23 PM
    Future: Iambic will bring out a version of their PDA and desktop contact management software - Agendus - for the Storm. Just a few months ago they released versions for other BBs. I used Palm Treos prior to getting the Storm and Agendus was the best application made. It will probably be many months before we see the version for the Storm. Can't wait!
    12-01-08 09:57 PM
    Hi Demetris,

Ascendo DataVault is compatible with the BlackBerry Storm. I have updated the compatibility list in the CrackBerry.com store to include the BlackBerry Storm, BlackBery Bold, BlackBerry Flip and most other models.

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo Inc.
    Yeah, thanks. Installed and running beautifully!
    It's ok, it'll take some getting used to, but it will do fine, I'm happy!
    12-03-08 08:09 AM
    Gotta stop working this late...
    I must be hallucinating, I thought yesterday I saw Ascendo's DataVault on sale till Monday, guess not, I don't know what I saw.
    That's it, I'm going to bed!
    All done! After two nights, I finally got it running like a champ! I like it!
    12-03-08 08:10 AM
    I had the same question as a "Newbie." I'm switching next week from the Treo 755 to the Storm and have been used to the Palm Desktop application to enter everything on my laptop and then sync. I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I get the Storm this Tuesday (via mail). So, it seems that I should be entering into Microsoft Outlook to sync? There are some advantages vs. the Palm, however, they don't associate pictures with contacts on the desktop? I have also looked in Blackberry Unite. Any suggestions on that application or should I just stay with Outlook? One last concern-If I have Verizon transfer contacts from the Palm OS into the Blackberry Storm, will I loose certain fields and attached notes? Is it just better to manually load all my contacts and appointments into Outlook now? Thanks everyone! Tom
    When you install your desktop BB software you can sync you BB and your treo and copy your contacts and calender from your treo to your BB. this procedure works very well but then afterwards comes the let down unless you are going to use outlook to Sync. I am going to try Google?????? I don't know why BB wants you to input contacts with your phone. It's a real bear..

George
    12-03-08 08:57 AM
    My storm should be here in a couple of days and I was wondering where is the best place to get desktop manager? I know it will be on a cd that ships with the device, but sometimes it is better to get it via download to get an updated version. Should I get it from RIM's website or do I need to get a version from verizon wireless from their website? Should I install it with media manger or without? I know verizon also uses rhapsody for media management so if I get it from RIM's website will it come with that component? Sorry for all of the noob questions, but when I get this thing I do want to hit the ground running.
    Use the one you get on the CD. There isn't an upgrade to the DM yet. It is the latest version.Str8 from BB itself.

George
    12-03-08 09:02 AM
    Future: Iambic will bring out a version of their PDA and desktop contact management software - Agendus - for the Storm. Just a few months ago they released versions for other BBs. I used Palm Treos prior to getting the Storm and Agendus was the best application made. It will probably be many months before we see the version for the Storm. Can't wait!
    Agendus for the Storm is currently available. But, they are still working out a number of bugs.

If you download a trial version, be sure to apply the fix in this thread: Storm view - iambic Community Forums
    Go to Options - Advanced Options - Applications - hightlight Agendus (don't press) - press "Blackberry" key - Disable Compatibility Mode
    that should make the keyboard appear/disappear correctly.
    12-03-08 09:48 AM
    ... this procedure works very well but then afterwards comes the let down unless you are going to use outlook to Sync. I am going to try Google?????? I don't know why BB wants you to input contacts with your phone. It's a real bear..

George
    Works very well indeed.
    I used the device switch wizard and it worked like a champ. I xfered ALL of my Treo stuff, including the pix of the contacts.
    It done it all, except misc. files, music and pix on my mem card. I love this tool, very good. I've always used Outlook w/my PDAs and Treo, the only way to go.
    I suspect, if you don't use the device switch wizard and just sync w/Outlook, you won't get the pix w/the contact. The wizard knows about that, and takes care of it. My hat off to RIM.
    12-03-08 07:58 PM
    troutseth, thanks for your information concerning gmail and contacts transfer. I am a BB nu b and had no clue on how to get my email contacts from att.com. Thank goodness for the knowledge on this forum and your help. I am waaaay addicted to this thing.
    01-05-09 05:57 PM
    Hi Marc,
    I put ADV on my BB Storm and successfully imported info (about 250 items) from a csv file. But ADV is unbearably slow. Just typing in letters in the search is a torture that would make Gitmo proud. What gives?
    06-01-09 10:54 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD