Anyone test to see which version of the nytimes.com showed up on the browser?

Some full html browsers-like the Dare-will render the wap version while the safari and android browser (and strangely enough, the Voyager browser) render the full desktop site.

I would assume that the Storm browser, using webkit like safari and android-would render the full desktop site, but I wanted to know for sure.
    11-07-08 09:44 PM
    As stated in all of the storm guides, videos, specs etc....the browser iis full HTML

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 09:11 AM
    Thst means nothing. LG Dare is considered full html and will render only NYtimes wap unless you use vzw optimization (sic) page
    11-10-08 05:37 AM
    The browser tells the webpage what kind of browser it is. With many of the larger webpages (NYtimes, CNN, Foxnews, etc), if the web browser isn't reported as "Internet Explorer" or "Firefox" it will send the browser to the mobile version of the webpage.

In the browswer settings of the Storm, you can set what browser you'd like the Storm to report as ("Blackberry", "Internet Explorer", or "Firefox").

By default, it's set to "Blackberry" so you'll be seeing the mobile version of the webpages (that have mobile versions).

Change this to "Internet Explorer" (or "Firefox") and you'll see the full-HTML version of the webpage.

Play with the simulator and you'll see what I mean.

Javascript is also off, by default.
    11-10-08 07:26 AM
    Anyone test to see which version of the nytimes.com showed up on the browser?

Some full html browsers-like the Dare-will render the wap version while the safari and android browser (and strangely enough, the Voyager browser) render the full desktop site.

I would assume that the Storm browser, using webkit like safari and android-would render the full desktop site, but I wanted to know for sure.
    My Voyager displays New York Times regular website just fine...are you using the optimized web for the Dare?
    11-10-08 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD