I currently run DM 4.3. When I upgrade from my Pearl 8130 to the Storm will I also need to install the latest version of Desktop manager. Or will the Storm work with older versions of DM? All I use desktop manager for is to sync with outlook, I dont use media sync. thanks
    10-12-08 12:36 PM
    It will work, but I see no reason to not use DM 4.7
    10-12-08 12:38 PM
    I don't mean to hijack your thread and don't want to make another about this seeing as how your thread runs in a similar vein, but I have a question: Is there any plans for the OS X desktop manager to coincide with the Storm release, or come out beforehand? I'd really like to be able to sync it with my laptop from the getgo.
    10-12-08 05:07 PM
    I've been hearing that this was something RIM wanted to do. I would think it would make a lot of sense for them to do so for it to really kill the iPhone on their own OS.

If they did, I would get a mac real fast!
    10-12-08 05:21 PM
    if you check out the mac forums, i posted a thread in there, the thread contained screen shots of RIM's development of there Media Sync for the Mac OSX, and im pretty sure that there is more to follow with iCal and Address Book. but weve been hearing for a long time that there was going to be mac support
    10-12-08 05:39 PM
    I've been hearing that this was something RIM wanted to do. I would think it would make a lot of sense for them to do so for it to really kill the iPhone on their own OS.

If they did, I would get a mac real fast!
    So while it may affect Apple's iPhone sales, you've demonstrated how it will boost their Mac sales.... so I don't think Apple would be too upset... haha ...

but yea, I already own a Macbook and an iMac...so being able to sync the Storm with my computer once I get it would be wonderful.
    10-12-08 05:55 PM
    I don't mean to hijack your thread and don't want to make another about this seeing as how your thread runs in a similar vein, but I have a question: Is there any plans for the OS X desktop manager to coincide with the Storm release, or come out beforehand? I'd really like to be able to sync it with my laptop from the getgo.
    Ok....just cause you don't mean to hijack doesn't mean your're not hijacking! A search would have also helped! There's lots of info on this topic in other forums!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD