When I connect my BB to my computer and open the desktop manager, under Media, it gives me the option to sync with my ITunes, however whenever I choose this option, it says something like "BlackBerry Media Sync installation failed to initialize. Please run the BlackBerry Desktop Manager with administrative priveledgesand try again". I only have one account on my computer and I'm positive it has administrative priveledges. Anyone else with this problem. Is there a simple fix that I am missing or what?
    01-07-09 08:07 PM
    I found that under Vista that if the user is not the original administrative user created during initial OS installation that even if the user has administrative rights it doesn't have the special elevated rights. DM4.7 with media manager wouldn't even install under a standard administrative user. For me I had to activate the hidden vista administrative account and install DM under that user. net user administrator /active=yes, IIRC. Once installed I haven't encountered any problems. I would say that DM isn't 100% Vista friendly at least in my case for installation. Before all the Vista haters bash away, this was the first negative experience for me since vista was released.

That said maybe your DM installation was not installed under the original administrative user. I couldn't find how to anoint an administrator "the REAL administrator." I don't use Itunes so I can't help specifically with this, but maybe this will point you in the right direction. Good luck.
    01-07-09 08:58 PM
    I had a similar problem and i was able to fix it by downloading the latest Media Sync software from BB. After installing it I was able to sync with my Itunes library.
    01-07-09 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD