Good day all. I received mine and my wife's phone today and trying to set them up and running into a couple of issues.

1. iTunes syncing:
      I keep trying to start the Blackberry MediaSync program and keep getting the same message: The BlackBerry Media Sync installation failed to initialize. Please run the BlackBerry Desktop Manager with Administrative priveleges and try again.

1. Switch Device Wizard:
      It recognizes my Storm, but will not recognize my Motorola Q. Everytime time I try to initiate the program, I get to the point where I have to select the software of the device I want to import from and it won't allow me to select anything.

I have restarted both phones and the computer. I am using the BB Desktop Manager from the same PC profile I installed it with.

Anybody help please......
    11-25-08 03:14 PM
    I was having the same issue with the media sync. I ended up downloading the media sync from the BB website and It worked. As for your other issue have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software?
    11-25-08 03:37 PM
    i had to uninstall and re-install that @#$% software 2 or 3 times before i got it to work properly.
    11-25-08 03:45 PM
    When you guys say to reinstall, do you mean the entire Desktop Manager, or just the Media Sync??
    11-25-08 04:08 PM
    I reinstalled the entire desktop manager although the media sync still didn't work. This is why i downloaded and installed that seperatly from BB.
    11-25-08 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD