I loaded the bb desktop manager and it worked great. When to manage media another day and couldn't. Had to reinstall. Done this a couple times to me. What's the issue? This is becoming a PITA.
    02-16-09 01:46 AM
    I've found desktop manager to be a POS from day one on multiple computers (XP/Vista). Sometimes it doesn't sync items, sometimes it crashes... Yuck.
    02-16-09 01:48 AM
    dkestop manager has been an issue for some people. some recommend downgrading to 4.6. alot more people have problems with Roxio though.
    02-16-09 01:49 AM
    I've never used media manager myself, and I've always gone between 4.5 and 4.6 so yea, try downgrading as kokuryuha suggested.
    02-16-09 01:51 AM
    Now if I were to go upgrade the phone's OS to .99, does that in anyway effect the desktop manager?
    02-16-09 01:53 AM
    Not that I know of, unless somehow the device OS software install doesnt play nicely with DM. never heard of that before though
    02-16-09 01:54 AM
    Thanks. Guess I will try downgrading in the morning.
    02-16-09 01:56 AM
    Desktop Manager just pulls the info from the device once it's connected, really. It doesn't save any data besides your profile which tells it what to sync.
    02-16-09 01:56 AM
    I had the same problems, I downgraded and it seemed to work a little better. The software is still a heaping pile of suck, but it is better than the most up to date version of Desktop Manager.

I am kind of irritated by the desktop manager software, things that should only take 20 to 30 minutes to do can will easily take twice as long as that simply because the software doesn't recognize the device, or it will freeze during a transfer, and you need to start all over. I feel your pain, but hopefully blackberry will actually fix the problems with the software.
    02-16-09 07:37 AM
    Now if I were to go upgrade the phone's OS to .99, does that in anyway effect the desktop manager?
    Ever since I upgraded to .99 my DM 4.7 won't sync. It just errors out. I wouldn't think it was an issue with .99, but what a coincidence. Thank you kokuryuha for the recommendation. I will try downgraded to 4.6 today.
    02-16-09 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD