Looking to the community for help....

Our IT department does not allow us to download any Apps to our Blackberry Strom2.

I tried to explain to them that it's like receiving a Porsche for a company car but with a speed limited to 80 kph (they didn't get the joke/analogy).

I'm desperate to lead me Strom2 with all sorts of cool stuff. Any suggestions on how this could be done (downloading apps to my PC and then loading them with the USB cable?

Thanks!
    06-11-10 10:12 AM
    Looking to the community for help....

Our IT department does not allow us to download any Apps to our Blackberry Strom2.

I tried to explain to them that it's like receiving a Porsche for a company car but with a speed limited to 80 kph (they didn't get the joke/analogy).

I'm desperate to lead me Strom2 with all sorts of cool stuff. Any suggestions on how this could be done (downloading apps to my PC and then loading them with the USB cable?

Thanks!
    you're better off not. Circumventing company security policy isn't worth your job, especially as hard as they are to come by these days.

And if you ever get a Porche for a company car, you'd be so far up the ladder you just drop a dime and make them make an exception.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 06-11-10 at 10:34 AM.
    06-11-10 10:17 AM
    2 options. - Try side loading rather than OTA. Plenty of info on sideloading just search.

You can remove company IT policy I think swiss army knife for BB does this, again - just search. However, removing IT policy is likely to kick you off your BES. But you then dl and install the apps you want. Then call your IT and tell them to please reactivate your BES - its very easy - from your end you just put in your e-mail addreess and the p/w your IT dept gives you.

But - beware, as DK has said above - may not be worth the risk of pissing off your employer.
    06-11-10 10:26 AM
    Best way to do it is to purchase another Storm for your own personal use and go crazy. Don't risk your job to try to circumvent security.
    06-11-10 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD