To Kevin and the reasonable mods.

I have taken the time to read up on last night.

For Valace2 and Sooks (granted they have broken the rules in the past) to be banned for raising a very alarming concern about a certain moderator really gives me pause.

Are we really being an inviting atmosphere where we have alot of moderator abuse going on?

Companies linked to moderators selling leak oses while they espouse the horribleness of leaked oses?

The hypocrisy over in this Storm board is so over-the-top I feel there needs to be action by Kevin.

I have not heard word yet of any action against the true problem. Why?

All we get is .114... Nice... Cool... But let's not wag the dog please... Let's fix the real issue.

Rouge moderators.

That's my opinion.

But it's shared by many.

So? Who agrees with me?

Horizon... Leaked os... Where is the outrage!

This is absolutely unacceptable. They attack us. They make fun of OS for leaked OS's... Then they fan the flames promoting true illegal activities.

To me that's unconscionable and needs quick and swift redress.

Some people here are killing all the fun... And truth be told they are not Sooks and Valace2. I won't name names. But you know who you are.

Brian
    03-10-09 11:11 PM
    hmmmmm.....interesting.
    03-10-09 11:13 PM
    Rouge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rogue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just FYI. Also, PMs exist if you want to complain to Kevin. At least I think they do...eh?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 11:17 PM
    Werd. Idk because I wasn't witness, but if there was sellage of leaked OSiness, then said party should be arrested. Period. Illegal as it gets. And stupid as well. Hopefully truth prevails.

I do kinda think it's funny that everytime civil unrest burns through the forums, here comes Kevin with a leak. And he nevers condemns the actions per se. Maybe in a half-hearted limp-wristed kinda way.

Can you blame him? His livelihood is CB. He can't start flaming cheeks. And he MUST at all costs keep the customers happy.

I'm curious to see where this cycle ends.

But, fer realz.......who cares. I got my OS. That's all I come here for is MY phone. Not yers.
    03-10-09 11:20 PM
    I agree with OP but this is not the place for this, PM Kevin and let him and the mods deal with what happened last night

03-10-09 11:21 PM
    Some members felt the moderators acted appropriately.
    03-10-09 11:22 PM
    Sorry Jimmeh it needs to be all out in the open. I don't do private PMs... I have shot my wad, said my piece and I stand by it. If you notice I took a long time tonight forming my ideas and opinion. I did not come off all half cocked with arms blazing.

What I have said is truth. And the truth stands on it's own. It's up to the rest of the community to realize this.

If not it's their loss and Kevin's. I personally find the .114 release a real slap in the face because the problem is never truly addressed.
    03-10-09 11:26 PM
    This is an internal matter that should be between Kevin and his mods.
    03-10-09 11:26 PM
    Would someone please post the link showing HZW selling the betas?
    03-10-09 11:28 PM
    Sorry CountCrackula... This is a community. This affected the community... It needs to be between us... The community. Anything less than that is a real slap in the face considering what happened.
    03-10-09 11:29 PM
    Anyway, I have said all that I will say on the matter. We shall see if things are cleaned up. Moderators can put users on notice.

CrackBerry I have put you on notice.
    03-10-09 11:31 PM
    Sorry CountCrackula... This is a community. This affected the community... It needs to be between us... The community. Anything less than that is a real slap in the face considering what happened.
    Brian has a valid point , how can kevin and the mods work it out , if some of the mods are the issue ? there has to be a true forum with certain people , and lock it to therest of us , like a confrence call to get everything in the open in a civil manner , without the threat of abns from the mods, and without childish stuff from the members '

i hope i made sense im tired lol
    03-10-09 11:33 PM
    Crackberry is not a democracy.

03-10-09 11:33 PM
    Would someone please post the link showing HZW selling the betas?
    Heellllooooooo
    03-10-09 11:35 PM
    Oh I just can't resist what Kangaruex said....

Lol... Your right it's an individual dictatorship. You loose the masses. You loose the community....

Therefore it's a republic.

We vote every time we click in here.

Without that click.

They have no power.
    03-10-09 11:36 PM
    For Valace2 and Sooks (granted they have broken the rules in the past) to be banned for raising a very alarming concern about a certain moderator really gives me pause.
    Oh c'mon...seriously? Both of them took pleasure in escalating the whole issue. Even when mods had said to drop it, they kept egging it on.

Are we really being an inviting atmosphere where we have alot of moderator abuse going on?

Companies linked to moderators selling leak oses while they espouse the horribleness of leaked oses?
    HW and the Mod weren't linked in any kind of deal. That was all speculation based solely on a point that a mod has a link to HW in his sig. How suddenly without any evidence or basis of fact everybody determined a mod was in cahoots selling a leaked OS is beyond logic. Nevermind the point that HW wasn't selling the devices for a price higher than they normally do. So where's the gouge?

The hypocrisy over in this Storm board is so over-the-top I feel there needs to be action by Kevin.

I have not heard word yet of any action against the true problem. Why?
    Probably because your interpretation of the true problem isn't what a majority of people see as the true problem. The true problem was simply that some people saw there were devices with a newer OS, and they wanted their hands on the OS. When it wasn't freely available to them, they threw a fit.

If for a moment there was ever any true concern over the legality of selling the devices with .114, then it would have been a simple matter of contacting RIM and letting them deal with it. After all... it would be RIM's issue, not users of CB.

Horizon... Leaked os... Where is the outrage!
    Suddenly there should be outrage only when one cannot benefit from it? If you want to be high and mighty about it, show some outrage over all the leaks that come out. After all, they're not supposed to be leaked now are they?
    03-10-09 11:44 PM
    Brian has a valid point , how can kevin and the mods work it out , if some of the mods are the issue ? there has to be a true forum with certain people , and lock it to therest of us , like a confrence call to get everything in the open in a civil manner , without the threat of abns from the mods, and without childish stuff from the members '

i hope i made sense im tired lol
    I'm just assuming Kevin has the power to plant a boot up a mods a** when he has to.
    03-10-09 11:45 PM
    Where is the outrage? God. Shut up already. There is your outrage.

03-10-09 11:56 PM
    Ok Brian, you had your say, can we let this drop now? I have no doubt that Kevin and the other mods have already reviewed the situation, and handled it as they have seen fit. Heck at least 1 Executive Mod was present thru the whole thing.
    Last edited by pkcable; 03-11-09 at 09:27 AM.
    03-11-09 12:01 AM
    Oh I just can't resist what Kangaruex said....

Lol... Your right it's an individual dictatorship. You loose the masses. You loose the community....

Therefore it's a republic.

We vote every time we click in here.

Without that click.

They have no power.
    So please exercise your vote and stop clicking. The matter needs to die, imo.

DNR signed, that's my vote
    03-11-09 12:09 AM
    It's a phone, people can brag all they want about what OS they have that we can't get. If it's good, we'll get it eventually anyway. Even if CX himself was selling the OS I'd let Kevin/RIM/whoever it negatively affects deal with it because it's not hurting me.
    03-11-09 12:17 AM
    Why does everyone think it's Kevin releasing the leaks? He's said multiple times that it isn't him, and if it were then his site would be shut down; the owner of a site can't be held liable for the postings of anonymous members, and is allowed to comment on said posts all they like. But a website owner themselves contributing to an unauthorized security breach? Yeah, corporations like RIM kind of take that seriously.

03-11-09 01:15 AM
    Damn this place is like a sorority house... lol
    03-11-09 02:14 AM
    When is the clothing-optional pillow fight? They do have those in sororities, don't they? I would hate to find out that Cinemax was misrepresenting the day-to-day life of these fine student representatives at our nation's institutions of higher learning.

03-11-09 02:24 AM
    Lol thnx icmedia. I needed a good laugh after reading all that. *cough* co-ed confidential *cough*
    03-11-09 09:11 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD