Can anyone tell me how to delete all of my sms/mms messages i cant find a delete all ?
    Thanks
    01-16-09 02:30 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to delete all of my sms/mms messages i cant find a delete all ?
    Thanks
    You can just click on the date at the top of the page when you are in the messages folder and you will see a delete prior. Select that and they all will be gone.
    01-16-09 02:33 PM
    select them with your finger. You can select multiple messages by keeping your finger on the message and using another finger to highlight the others. OR - you can set your sms messages to only keep the last 5 or so - this way they're easier to delete them. There isn't a delete all function.
    01-16-09 02:34 PM
    You can just click on the date at the top of the page when you are in the messages folder and you will see a delete prior. Select that and they all will be gone.
    Caution - this will delete emails too.
    01-16-09 02:34 PM
    Selecting the date/menu/delete prior.
    01-16-09 02:35 PM
    Caution - this will delete emails too.
    Only if is he is in the message icon folder that shows all messages. Since he stated they were sms/mms then he probably would be in that folder and then it would just delete those messages.
    01-16-09 02:37 PM
    Only if is he is in the message icon folder that shows all messages. Since he stated they were sms/mms then he probably would be in that folder and then it would just delete those messages.
    Really? Is there another folder other than that one that will display the SMS / MMS messages?????????????
    01-16-09 02:40 PM
    Really? Is there another folder other than that one that will display the SMS / MMS messages?????????????
    There was an icon on my Storm when I first got it that says sms and mms messages. If you go into that folder it will only be your sms and mms messages that you have received and not deleted. It functions just like the other folders if you have many days of messages in the there.
    01-16-09 02:44 PM
    Never had that folder on my storm. You said "was" an icon - do you still have it?
    01-16-09 02:47 PM
    Never had that folder on my storm. You said "was" an icon - do you still have it?
    Yeah I do. There was a messages icon that looks like an envelope and then there is another icon that looks like a cell phone with a small envelope on it.
    01-16-09 02:51 PM
    Yeah I do. There was a messages icon that looks like an envelope and then there is another icon that looks like a cell phone with a small envelope on it.
    Weird - I don't have that one. Anyone else have that icon?
    01-16-09 02:57 PM
    Maybe that is why I have had such good luck with my storm. That icon is the trick to it all. I don't recall doing anything in particular when I got my Storm to make that show up so I'm thinking it has been there all along. I like having it because it is much easier to keep text and mms messages separate from email without having to hear or see certain alerts.
    01-16-09 03:00 PM
    I can see how some people would like that. I don't think I would use the icon even if I had it - I like my messages all in one place but for some it could be useful. I'm just baffled as to why I don't have the icon - weird.
    01-16-09 03:03 PM
    I found this just now on a Blackberry support forum that may help you get that icon

Try this...from inside of the Messages icon (with the full list of emails and such showing), press the "Blackberry" key. Scroll thru and select Options. Select General Options. One of those is "SMS and Email Inboxes"...set that to "Separate". That controls the display of the separate SMS icon.
    01-16-09 03:03 PM
    Gotcha - thanks. I still don't like it. Too many icons to get messages. This should help the OP solve his issue though.
    01-16-09 03:07 PM
    Gotcha - thanks. I still don't like it. Too many icons to get messages. This should help the OP solve his issue though.
    The forum I found that fix on the person had received a Storm for his wife and himself. He set both of them up and one of them had the icon and the other didn't and he had no idea what he had done. I guess at least I'm not alone on that one. I just figured everyone had it.
    01-16-09 03:09 PM
    +1

Nice job.
    01-16-09 03:12 PM
    and also if you go into your messages folder hit th bb button and scroll down to view folders. this will show you all the folders you have and can delete whatever you want. and if you have many days of messages but wanna save the last day of messages you can bring up the suretype keypad in your messages folder and hit DF to go back a day and JK to go forward a day. it will bring you to the top of the date icon and you can go from there to delete prior which will delete all messages under it. very useful and i hope this helps someone
    01-16-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD