Hi,
    I just got a blackberry storm 2 about 2 weeks ago. I am trying to figure out how to delete a single sms contact. I tried highlighting it and looking at the menu options (when i press the bberry key) and there is no option to delete that contact. will i need to delete it from my main contact list to 'make it go away' and then re-enter it?

I'm asking because this contact has a blackberry, and before I was able to scan their code, I had entered them into my blackberry messenger using their phone number. Since I just scanned the code from their phone, I now have 2 contact listings, (one which I don't need).

Just wondering if there was an easy way to delete the one contact, or if I need to completely delete them from my contact list, and start the scan process over again, and re-add them to my contact list.

Thanks
    Last edited by msalie; 04-29-10 at 08:34 PM. Reason: issue solved - didn't want to waste anyone's time
    04-29-10 07:02 PM
    BlackBerry Messenger
    Highlight Contact
    Menu
    Remove Contacts Link

Let me know if that helps. If not try highlight the unwanted entry, Menu-Delete.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 07:05 PM
    Thank you for leaving a solution. I actually think I was able to figure it out. I went into my contacts, saw that there were 2 entries for the person in question. I deleted the one that I didn't want. Then I went back into the bberry messenger where the 2 links for them were, and THAT time it brought up the option to delete. I SWEAR it wasn't there before. Very strange, but maybe I overlooked it? Anyway, it's fixed.
    Thank you!
    04-29-10 07:20 PM
    Well glad you got it resolved!

04-29-10 07:22 PM
    Thanks, now would you know if there is there a way to mark this question as 'solved'?
    04-29-10 07:23 PM
    i can edit the thread title to say that if you want.

04-29-10 07:26 PM
    Good idea! Just did that! Should have thought about that myself! (I'm used to some forums having a little indicator icon that you can tick off)
    04-29-10 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD