I have 4.0mb that still remains to be downloaded for the newest firmware update online. I am downloading through my phone and not via USB. My phone is telling me I don't have enough memory and that I need to erase "personal data" to continue the download. I looked at my memory via the options menu and I have plenty. What gives!? What can I safely delete in order to continue this download? Thanks in advance.
    12-05-08 11:35 PM
    bump for me
    12-05-08 11:55 PM
    What's plenty? Look under Options/Status. What's under Free?
    12-06-08 12:10 AM
    Well it looks like 25972000, which i believe calcutes to around 24 or 25 MB. That should be enough room seeing as how the update only required 15 MB. I was able to get it to work by deleting my Google maps app and my You Tube quick launch icon.
    12-06-08 12:40 AM
    Clearing browser cache, Maps cache, and doing a reboot prior to OTA update would be suggested to make sure you have the most memory available free after the update. The BB also needs some extra free room after the download comes down for "work processes" to do the update. You can't exactly expect 15MB required to mean "exactly" 15MB. RIM really should have put in 256MB or RAM.
    12-06-08 12:44 AM
    Clearing browser cache, Maps cache, and doing a reboot prior to OTA update would be suggested to make sure you have the most memory available free after the update. The BB also needs some extra free room after the download comes down for "work processes" to do the update. You can't exactly expect 15MB required to mean "exactly" 15MB. RIM really should have put in 256MB or RAM.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I will try and clear the cache now. I already performed the reboot after the update. If I can't figure out the cache thing I'll look for another reply from you...lol. Thanks again.
    12-06-08 12:55 AM
    Open up the Browser. Hit Menu/Options/Clear Cache and hit each button. Go into BBMaps (only if you use it) and go to Menu/Clear Map and Menu/Options and all the way at the bottom is downloaded map data (clear that). Exit and battery pull.
    12-06-08 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD