Ok so i took civic's advice on deleting the wallpapers in the java folder but as I waslooking around at the other files in there i notice ones for flicker, aim, yahoo (etc other messaginer apps i dont use) can i delete these as well to gain some more memory?

Here is an example of the flicker files:

net_rim_bb_flickr.cod
    net_rim_bb_flickr_help_html_en.cod
    net_rim_bb_flickr_help_html_es.cod
    net_rim_bb_flickr_help_html_fr.cod
    net_rim_bb_flickr_resource_en.cod
    net_rim_bb_flickr_resource_es.cod
    net_rim_bb_flickr_resource_fr.cod

I assume that i can remove these since i dont use them and that removing them will not have a negative effect on my phone but i wanted to ask the great keepers of crackberry knowledge (i.e. everyone who knows more about bb than me!) first.
    06-16-09 01:29 PM
    bump 10 characters
    06-16-09 02:58 PM
    Ok so i took civic's advice on deleting the wallpapers in the java folder but as I waslooking around at the other files in there i notice ones for flicker, aim, yahoo (etc other messaginer apps i dont use) can i delete these as well to gain some more memory?

Here is an example of the flicker files:

net_rim_bb_flickr.cod
    net_rim_bb_flickr_help_html_en.cod
    net_rim_bb_flickr_help_html_es.cod
    net_rim_bb_flickr_help_html_fr.cod
    net_rim_bb_flickr_resource_en.cod
    net_rim_bb_flickr_resource_es.cod
    net_rim_bb_flickr_resource_fr.cod

I assume that i can remove these since i dont use them and that removing them will not have a negative effect on my phone but i wanted to ask the great keepers of crackberry knowledge (i.e. everyone who knows more about bb than me!) first.
    Use Shrink-A-Os. It will take out whatever files are necessary to delete the apps you don't want. Since you already are familiar with the java folder I assume you can take it from there.
    06-16-09 03:53 PM
    would that be just the same as deleting the stuff i dont need out of the java folder cause if that is the case ill just stick with that
    06-16-09 04:56 PM
    You are better off with shrink a os if you delete the wrong file you will be back about a screwed bb
    06-16-09 05:56 PM
    I have removed alot of b.s. from my storm with jl_cmder and with cracmem . I am now @ 55mb. can someone tell me what files to remove to get rid of sample pics and music ? I can't stand the idea of someone telling me what I have to use my memory on . guess I gotta have control of my storm myself . would shrink A-Os be an option to removing these files? I am currently running .148 smoothly with very little mem leak !
    06-16-09 08:34 PM
    BBfilescout can remove them right from your phone
    06-16-09 08:49 PM
    BBfilescout can remove them right from your phone
    But the phone will never recognize that memory until the next OS reload that you do.
    06-16-09 09:05 PM
    If it doesn't recognize right away is it possible to reinstall .148 by loading on computer then using dm and cracmem to install again or does there have to be an upgrade?
    06-16-09 09:39 PM
    If it doesn't recognize right away is it possible to reinstall .148 by loading on computer then using dm and cracmem to install again or does there have to be an upgrade?
    You can wipe the OS and reload. Make sure you do your backups first though. Everything that you need is in my signature.
    06-16-09 09:48 PM
    But the phone will never recognize that memory until the next OS reload that you do.
    Even though it doesn't recognize the additional memory, is it still there to use?
    06-17-09 01:39 PM
    You can wipe the OS and reload. Make sure you do your backups first though. Everything that you need is in my signature.
    When you reload, won't it add all that crap back again?
    06-17-09 01:39 PM
    When you reload, won't it add all that crap back again?
    Seems quite likely unless you use a tool such as Shrink-a-os to remove those things in the new OS before it gets loaded on the device
    06-17-09 02:31 PM
    ok using Shrink-a-os actually reloading the background picture and after many downloads and installs i finally just went in to the java folder myself and deleted the files, although i was not able to get rid of the background images that Shrink-a-os put on i did get rid of enough junk to boot up to 48MB
    06-21-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD