First I am totally new to BB.

Normally I delete most of my emails by clicking on the red x and it looks like I am now having memory drain. Do I need to do more to clean the memory and increase free space? All my ringtones, music and pics are on my media card. I tried to clear the event log but "clear log" is not an option on the BB menu.

JsGrandma
    01-02-09 10:31 PM
    Seems unlikely that emails themselves are taking up a lot of memory, but I suppose that if you really let them pile up, over time you'll be taking up a lot of space. Ones with attachments/photos/etc. obviously are much larger than a typical email and those could eat up lots of your memory. Must be something else as well. Check the forum for other threads -- could be you have apps running, you need to do a battery pull, your backlight stays on too long, etc. You'll figure out what it is eventually.
    01-02-09 11:40 PM
    This was posted in past....

bigvdawgy-11/22
    To get the Event Log (when you want to do some memory clean up) you do the similar ALT LGLG command from the keyboard bb's but it ends up being:
    !?123 "
    !?123 /
    !?123 "
    !?123 /
    01-03-09 12:24 AM
    123 hold till lock then "/"/
    01-03-09 12:33 AM
    This was posted in past....

bigvdawgy-11/22
    To get the Event Log (when you want to do some memory clean up) you do the similar ALT LGLG command from the keyboard bb's but it ends up being:
    !?123 "
    !?123 /
    !?123 "
    !?123 /
    I don't know if I didn't have a lot going on in my event log but when I cleared my event log my file free actually went up on one occasion about 1000 bytes, and another time it stayed the exact same. I have found this function to be useless for me.
    01-03-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD