Is it possible to delete core apps like the calendar without nuking your device?
    I like some of the 3rd-party apps out there but dont want to run two calendars or two music players. If RIM is giving funds out for development of 3rd- party apps, they should give us the right to run the app we choose to run. Id rather have a striped down OS and build it with the apps I like.
    Anyways, can it be done?

Thanks
    02-27-09 03:52 PM
    i think it's possible. I erased BBMaps after its dismal failure to get me from point a to point b and haven't regretted it since. I've also erased both games and VZ nav and Visual v-mail. As far as the calendar, i have no clue. I'm sure you could but how stable the OS would be, that's iffy. I'm in the same boat as you though...

MSN messenger, AIM, FLIKR and all that crap annoys me...
    02-27-09 04:45 PM
    If you're using a 3rd party Calendar, just hide the default icon, pretend it's not there. You're not going to save any noticeable room. Not to mention it is part of the system, which can't be deleted and is prob required in order for the calendar sync. If I'm not mistaken, 3rd party apps like that pull the info from the system calendar.
    02-27-09 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD