Hi all. Still getting used to my Storm (actually it's been pretty darn easy, now I'm just getting my configurations set up from the defaults - wanted to wait a week or two to see how BB's work before tweaking).

I have 2 quick questions:

1. I remember seeing something in the messages screen that, when I selected the first message in that folder and hit the BB button it would give me the option to 'mark everything prior as read' or something to that effect. In other words, by selecting the most recent message I could easily remove the message icon because it would allow me to mark everything older in the folder as read.

The only thing I can think of that's changed was an upgrade from .75 to .132. Maybe I'm smoking something but I really remember seeing this option and now it's gone.

Also, if this ever DID exist, is this option available in other folders (i.e. specific email folders, call log, etc)? It would be nice to use in the email folders as well - especially when I'm sitting at my desk and my phone loads up with a ton of emails that I'm also getting on my Outlook. Just like to blow those out quickly.

2. Is there a way to DELETE all emails? Let's say I get 100 emails one day. I love getting notified but I also have a copy on my Outlook and don't need them on my phone and, as mentioned before, I like to keep things as clean as possible. I don't even want them staying on the phone for 15 days (maybe that's because I haven't figured out how to delete them all!).

What I'm doing now is the 2 finger selection and then deleting. I can only do this with so many at a time and with a large number it's pretty unwieldy.

So I'm sure this is a newb lack of knowledge but thanks in advance for your help!

Jay
    05-26-09 07:05 AM
    highlight the date, hit the BB key and choose either "Mark prior opened" for your first scenario, or "Delete Prior" for the second.
    05-26-09 07:08 AM
    That's what I thought was available before but now I can't find the options you mentioned when I hit the BB key.

I'll check again since I've now set a daily battery pull at 4am - maybe it repopulated.

By the way - thanks for the awesomely quick response. This place rocks!

Jay
    05-26-09 07:11 AM
    If the date(s) are not highlighted those options won't show up...
    05-26-09 07:26 AM
    Ok, so I did just that and, again, in both the main messages folder and email folder I do not have those options anymore!

Nothing about deleting or marking prior as opened!!

Hmmmm, any other suggestions? Is there a way to 'add' them to the menu options?

I tried highlighting read and unread emails then hitting the BB button and I've tried opening an email and hitting the BB button. Neither one shows the options you mentioned.

Thanks again for the quick response but I guess I'll need more help on this one.

Jay
    05-26-09 07:32 AM
    If the date(s) are not highlighted those options won't show up...

Ok, so how do you 'highlight the date(s)? Again, sorry for being such a noob here. I have been highlighting the actual message heading in the list. Is there something I'm not doing correctly then?

Thanks!

Jay

Edit: Ok, so DUH!!!!!!! As I said, I'm a noob but maybe others can learn from my stupidity. What I was doing was highlighting the actual messages in the folder. What I should have selected (as Iceman pointed out) was the date in those folders. Every day has a date heading for all of the messages. When I highlight the bar that has the date on it I do get those options.

Again, sorry for the noob questions but I REALLY appreciate you both taking the time to help out and get me rolling!!!

Jay
    Last edited by DigMyBBStorm1; 05-26-09 at 07:37 AM. Reason: SENIOR MOMENT!
    05-26-09 07:33 AM
    are you actually highlighting the date itself? doesn't work if you are highlighting an email, you have to highlight the actual date only.
    05-26-09 07:33 AM
    Again, sorry for being such a noob here.
    Thanks!

Jay
    Don't worry about it that's why we all come here to get help and learn together.
    05-26-09 07:36 AM
    Don't worry about it that's why we all come here to get help and learn together.
    Exactly.

You are welcome. Feel free to ask for help when necessary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD