How do I get it back? I wanna be able to delete emails on handheld only and keep them on the server so that they download at the office.
    05-11-09 10:49 AM
    If you happened to see this when deleting your BB registration email after upgrading don't worry about it, that's the only email it happens to. Try deleting another email.
    05-11-09 10:53 AM
    Nope, does it for all emails.
    05-11-09 10:57 AM
    Open your messages folder
    click the BB button
    select Options
    select Email Reconciliation
    highlight the Delete On options and select Prompt
    05-11-09 11:01 AM
    After I upgraded the OS, it seems the Options menu accessed through Messages is a bit different - there is no 'email reconciliation' in there. Also, when I logged into 'blackberry email settings,' it said that reconciliation is unavailable because it's set to 'off' on my device, but I can't find a place to turn it on.
    Last edited by st0rmguy; 05-11-09 at 12:07 PM.
    05-11-09 11:58 AM
    After I upgraded the OS, it seems the Options menu accessed through Messages is a bit different - there is no 'email reconciliation' in there. Also, when I logged into 'blackberry email settings,' it said that reconciliation is unavailable because it's set to 'off' on my device, but I can't find a place to turn it on.
    Sounds like you did not get your BES reactivated after upgrading your OS. You may be able to do it just by connecting your phone to a computer on the company network and starting Desktop Manager, you can also do this via a VPN connection to your company network. When Desktop Manager starts it should say "Connecting to Messaging System" and a few minutes after it connects your phone should start activating on the BES. If this doesn't work you will have to call your IT department and have them give you a new activation password so you can manually activate the phone.
    05-11-09 05:57 PM
    We're a small company and don't have a blackberry server, whatever that is. I just realized that I can't send email either - it's receive only. When I try to send, I get an error saying:

'No message services configured. Redirecting to Setup Wizard.'

Then it sends me to the wizard, I log in with my username / password and it shows my current email account as if everything is fine and nothing further needs to be set up. Then I quit the wizard and nothing's changed.
    05-11-09 06:34 PM
    Fixed - I deleted my email account on the blackberry site and added a new one.
    05-11-09 06:42 PM
    How did you delete your email account on the Storm? I have this same problem since the update to ..148. It will only allow a simple delete and it only deletes from the handheld. A lot of junk mail is getting deleted twice!
    06-03-09 09:43 AM
    Go to BlackBerry Internet Service (if you are on Verizon)
    Register and then you can go to your e-mail pages, You have the option to delete your e-mail and then re set them.
    On mine, Verizon moved servers so I lost my ability to delete from handheld and mailbox.
    06-03-09 10:19 AM
    I would not put your log on and password in your device password keeper. You would most likely go to the .net site after a wipe or other problem.
    06-03-09 10:20 AM
    to fix this all I had to do is
    > email settings > bb > service books > Send Service Books

And then it was ALL BETTER!
    06-03-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD