Skype, NFL Mobile, Bing, Slacker Radio, My Verizon . . . i'm tired of these crappy apps wasting memory. I've been forced to make a folder just to hide all the crap. How do I get rid of it all? thanks
    04-17-10 05:54 PM
    Make a folder and hide them, just like you have already done. There is nothing you can do, you agreed to let Verizon add them whenever they want when you accepted the Terms of Service. Be thankful that is all you got when you accepted but did not read your terms of service. These people sold their soul when they failed to read the terms of service. LOL
    Last edited by Gnomad; 04-17-10 at 06:01 PM.
    04-17-10 05:57 PM
    Yeah, nothing else you can do. They aren't actually apps, just links to download them. They take up virtually no memory at all.
    04-17-10 05:59 PM
    Same here, I made a folder to put all of the crappy Verizon apps like VZ Navigator, NFL, etc and moved that folder to the bottom of the apps list. I never scroll far enough to the bottom anyways to even notice them.
    04-17-10 06:01 PM
    These people sold their soul when they failed to read the terms of service. LOL
    That's pretty funny.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 08:56 PM
    Yea if your worried about memory shrink your os..you'll notice a much bigger difference than deleting the app links even if it were possible

04-18-10 12:34 AM
    Skype, NFL Mobile, Bing, Slacker Radio, My Verizon . . . i'm tired of these crappy apps wasting memory. I've been forced to make a folder just to hide all the crap. How do I get rid of it all? thanks
    Forced? You were forced? What did they do, threaten your family? Seems to me that you chose to make a folder to hide these things.

That said, now that you have a folder to hide what you tell us is crap, why not hide the folder? That's what I do. I send all my unwanted links to my hidden folder and I never see what I don't want to see. There's no need to hide the links individually--anything moved to a hidden folder automatically is hidden, too.

I'm not forcing you to do this. It's just a suggestion.

Keep smiling.
    04-18-10 08:56 AM
    They are only app links unless you install them, so they don't take up any memory.
    04-18-10 09:19 AM
    Yea if your worried about memory shrink your os..you'll notice a much bigger difference than deleting the app links even if it were possible

That only works if you don't use the apps that come with the phone. It also still doesn't fix the issue of little to no memory to start with (25-45mb after the OS is installed, without any 3rd party applications) and poor application memory management (applications not releasing memory when they are done with it)
    04-18-10 10:35 AM
    Well you can delete then them from advanced options > service books.

Too bad they come back. (usually with a restart)
    If you feel like constantly deleting them, try that.

04-19-10 02:12 PM
    That only works if you don't use the apps that come with the phone. It also still doesn't fix the issue of little to no memory to start with (25-45mb after the OS is installed, without any 3rd party applications) and poor application memory management (applications not releasing memory when they are done with it)
    Isn't that the point of this thread getting rid of them because you don't use them? Which you can't, so I'm wondering what your talking about.. And yes it does fix that issue to an extent, that's the best way to get the most memory so u can fill your phone with stuff you actually use. also if these where the issues why is the thread topic about vzw pushed links? Shouldn't it be a rant about not having a storm 2 or rims memory management and/or how to recover memory?

Pick a topic and stick with it

04-19-10 07:29 PM
    Say what? I don't think the OP wasn't even addressing the issue of available memory on his Storm 1, that's another thread (or 500 or so). His complaint was more to do with the annoying pushed apps that VZW is so fond of sending to us little people who have nothing better to do than sit and anxiously await the next pushed app. As everyone here is already saying, these are installation icons, not the full blown application, so any "space" they take up is negligible, 1 or 2 KB, that's it.

Last edited by EnergyPlus; 04-19-10 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Spelling
    04-19-10 07:35 PM
    Say what? I don't think the OP was even addressing the issue of available memory on his Storm 1, that's another thread (or 500 or so). His complaint was more to do with the annoying pushed apps that VZW is so fond of sending to us little people who have nothing better to do than sit and anxiously await the next pushed app. As everyone here is already saying, these are installation icons, not the full blown application, so any "space" they take up is negligible, 1 or 2 KB, that's it.
    Woops thought that was the guy who started the thread lmao

04-19-10 07:50 PM
    LOL, no worries...it does begin to cause the 'ole eye glaze thing going. That and the fact that this topic has been discussed in 100 other threads. Speaking of which, to the OP, it appears your new, but it's ALWAYS a good idea to do a SEARCH FIRST, BEFORE starting a new thread on a topic that's been covered to death.! Welcome to CB!

Woops thought that was the guy who started the thread lmao

04-19-10 08:08 PM
    As already mentioned I just remove from the service books. I have not had to do too many battery pulls to annoy me with deleting them evrytime. It works for me

04-20-10 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD