Hey!

Just a quick question. Even since going to .103 I've noticed my screen is not as bright and the colors are not as smooth (kind of grainy). Is this a common problem related to the new updates? If not, I know what must be done.

Thanks in advance!
    02-25-09 11:57 PM
    Yep, it's a new thing with the latest OS betas rumored to be intentional with the goal of improving performance. While I value stability over looks, it's disappointing to have the less than impressive color depth now.
    02-26-09 12:03 AM
    Thanks.

I would have been fine with it if it was just some type of bug in the OS and could be fixed, but if it is intentional then that is very very lame.
    02-26-09 12:16 AM
    Get use to it or try one of the Hybrid that did correct this issue.....
    02-26-09 07:50 AM
    I believe colour depth will be restored in the next official update having read what some of the beta testers have said regarding the latest OS builds, so don't worry about this too much.
    02-26-09 12:45 PM
    Nope, you're not just seeing things...the color depth has taken a hit. I have noticed in my case however, with .109 it is somewhat better than it was in the .106 hybrid.
    02-26-09 03:29 PM
    Can anyone figure out exactly what has changed about the colors? The max Storm color depth is 16 bit. Does that mean .109, .99 etc. are set to a color depth of less than 16 bit? I doubt it. Websites with images intended to help you analyze your color depth lead me to conclude that the depth is still 16 bit. I am going to guess that there was a color dithering feature that is not present in the newer leaks. I am not knowledgeable about this stuff. Can anyone give some more detail?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 04:18 PM
    Damn. I have always been a surefire thread killer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD