sorry, but I posted this in the Problems sticky but didn't get any responses so thought I'd try here.

my BB browser home page currently defaults to a T-Mobile web'n'walk page. no matter what I set in the options, it is overidden when the page loads.

I don't actually use it as my browser, but I do have a couple of launchers that require the default browser and when launched, they also end up being overidden and defaulting to this annoying home page, making any launchers completely useless.

can anyone help with this?
    05-24-10 06:36 AM
    Edit your Home Page Book Mark ... Maybe it is coded there ?
    05-24-10 07:40 AM
    Edit your Home Page Book Mark ... Maybe it is coded there ?
    I seem to have actually lost the ability to change the homepage now

a few days ago, I could change it but it wouldn't save and reverted back to the same homepage every time

now I've actually lost the options to change it altogether
    05-24-10 10:13 AM
    Have you done a battery pull and then tried to change the settings?
    05-24-10 02:17 PM
    yeah, I battery pull it quite regularly

it only lets me change the setting for WiFi hotspots

I changed the wifi home page to google and it still opens up and directs me to the t-mobile default page anyway.

it's not the end of the world, but means everything needs to be stored in bookmarks rather than using launchers
    05-24-10 05:17 PM
    Is the browser set to hotspot browser?
    05-24-10 05:19 PM
    Also, did you set start page to "Home Page" and change the address to be what you want?
    05-24-10 05:21 PM
    The browser seems to use Hotspot browser when it's connected to Wifi and T-Mobile Internet when not.

the hotspot browser has google set as the home page, but whatever Start page option I try, it still reverts back to the home page.

The T-Mobile internet doesn't give me the option to change the home page to anything else anyway.

the particular launcher that I'm trying to use is for the BBC iplayer service, which only works over wifi, so if there was a problem with it redirecting to the home page, you'd at least expect that to be google but it's still the the T-Mobile home page for some reason.

it's only adding one extra step in the path to get to the site, but it's still a strange one.
    05-25-10 03:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD