quick question....you are a genius/lifesaver if you can help me out.

I upgraded to 148 from 141 recently and lost all my service books/3rd party apps/contacts/etc...i was dumb and forgot to manually backup before the upgrade. I've always upgraded through apploader so upgrading though DM was new to me. It said it would automatically backup all my phone data. During the upgrade I noticed it said it was backing up but I DON'T KNOW WHERE! It will save me a lot of trouble if i can find that backup file so I can restore via DM. If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it! I think this may help other people having this problem as well. Thanks in advance!
    05-31-09 09:43 PM
    try in ur "my documents" folder
    05-31-09 09:46 PM
    quick question....you are a genius/lifesaver if you can help me out.

I upgraded to 148 from 141 recently and lost all my service books/3rd party apps/contacts/etc...i was dumb and forgot to manually backup before the upgrade. I've always upgraded through apploader so upgrading though DM was new to me. It said it would automatically backup all my phone data. During the upgrade I noticed it said it was backing up but I DON'T KNOW WHERE! It will save me a lot of trouble if i can find that backup file so I can restore via DM. If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it! I think this may help other people having this problem as well. Thanks in advance!
    Look for a .axl file or a folder with you pin.

Hope this helps.
    05-31-09 09:48 PM
    search for the *.ipd file that has the date you did your upgrade. I am in the process of restoring my calender dates now. I had done backups and 3rd party backups but after I did the upgrade, could not find them where I left them (which was in the Blackberry folder). Probably should have dropped them somewhere else
    05-31-09 09:50 PM
    Dates restored succesfully! CB rules!
    05-31-09 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD