Well, I have had the Storm for almost 30 days now and its decision time. I think its an amazing phone with amazing potential but my biggest gripe is with the hardware. I am the type of person who cannot deal with the horrendous light bleeding and screen gaps. Nor can I deal with the fact that my screen actually moves from side to side and up and down (not the clicking, that I love). Also the dust problem is really unacceptable. I am on Storm number 3 now and I still feel like I have a device that won't stand up over time, hardware wise.

I am now considering the Bold. Or waiting for Verizons version. I need a real BlackBerry that can keep up with me.

Just expressing my thoughts, my flame suit is on!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 09:33 AM
    Give ya ten bucks for it
    01-15-09 09:49 AM
    I'd say if you not happy with the Storm, you should return it. The issues you speak of are hardware issues that will not get resolved by any os update or fix. I bought a used Curve to hold me over until the Niagra (VZW's BOLD) is released. Keep us posted on your decision.
    01-15-09 09:53 AM
    Give ya ten bucks for it
    You would pay money to have it?! I keed.
    01-15-09 09:55 AM
    Well, I have had the Storm for almost 30 days now and its decision time. I think its an amazing phone with amazing potential but my biggest gripe is with the hardware. I am the type of person who cannot deal with the horrendous light bleeding and screen gaps. Nor can I deal with the fact that my screen actually moves from side to side and up and down (not the clicking, that I love). Also the dust problem is really unacceptable. I am on Storm number 3 now and I still feel like I have a device that won't stand up over time, hardware wise.

I am now considering the Bold. Or waiting for Verizons version. I need a real BlackBerry that can keep up with me.

Just expressing my thoughts, my flame suit is on!

i won't flame you : ) I think you have very valid concerns. The dust and the hardware issues are unacceptable. Good luck.
    01-15-09 10:22 AM
    I'm keeping mine. I was in a conference meeting today and everyone looked on in envy at the three of us with Storms.

It's new, it's exciting, it's only going to get better.

Is the hardware 100% perfect? Of course not. But I've been rough on the device over the past 30 days and if anything, it's gotten better (buttons are less rickety). I have ZERO concerns about the device lasting 23 more months. At which point, I'll be ready for my next phone.
    01-15-09 01:54 PM
    I'm keeping mine. I was in a conference meeting today and everyone looked on in envy at the three of us with Storms.

It's new, it's exciting, it's only going to get better.

Is the hardware 100% perfect? Of course not. But I've been rough on the device over the past 30 days and if anything, it's gotten better (buttons are less rickety). I have ZERO concerns about the device lasting 23 more months. At which point, I'll be ready for my next phone.
    Haha. The Elmer's glue must have started to harden.
    01-15-09 02:10 PM
    Poor hardware build quality is the reason why I haven't bought a Storm. I'll wait until they get that stuff figured out before I get one.

01-15-09 02:18 PM
    You would pay money to have it?! I keed.

Sure, I think that MOST of those returning the Storm did not know what it would really be like and they did not know what to expect from this device, some expected more a iPhone like device and did not get that.

So would I give ten bucks for it, he!! yes
    01-15-09 03:01 PM
    Poor hardware build quality is the reason why I haven't bought a Storm. I'll wait until they get that stuff figured out before I get one.

Funny you don't own one yet you find yourself in the thick of every rant thread against the Storm.

But hey, if you like to torture yourself by waiting, I'm not going to step in the way. This is America. The land of freedom! And opportunity!

And now back to enjoying my Storm.
    01-15-09 05:15 PM
    I think its an amazing phone with amazing potential but my biggest gripe is with the hardware. I am the type of person who cannot deal with the horrendous light bleeding and screen gaps. Nor can I deal with the fact that my screen actually moves from side to side and up and down (not the clicking, that I love). Also the dust problem is really unacceptable.
    I agree that if you aren't happy with storm that another bb may be what you need. I also agree that many storms have these hardware based problems but there are those out there that don't have any problems. I have had my storm since launch day and have not experienced either huge light bleeding or dust problems. Don't get me wrong, I have had problems with the storm but they were all software based and were fixed for me with OS .75 and further with .85. Just like I have said in other threads, the storm isn't for everyone and much like a car is an acquired taste.

Sure, I think that MOST of those returning the Storm did not know what it would really be like and they did not know what to expect from this device, some expected more a iPhone like device and did not get that.
    I agree with you on this point. Also a lot of the people who bought the storm are first time BB users and assumed too much about the storm. I think that many of the people that bought the storm didn't do a lot of research and/or only went by what they saw in the current commercials.

Last edited by ArmaK; 01-15-09 at 06:08 PM.
    01-15-09 06:05 PM
    The bold looks like the perfect phone but just gotta wait for it to come to Verizon.

01-15-09 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD