When I have the storm locked in !?123 and i'm pounding out some numbers there is no "." decimal point.??? What gives???
    I gotta goto the ABC hit a decimal, then go back to !?123 type more numbers, then switch back???
    This makes no sense....
    Am i missing something?
    02-08-09 10:36 PM
    double click the space button
    02-08-09 10:37 PM
    just use the comma...looks like a period and people will get the idea
    02-08-09 10:38 PM
    just use the comma...looks like a period and people will get the idea
    The guy wants a decimal point, it doesn't matter how similar the comma looks to people a computer won't calculate with it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 10:57 PM
    I do what thekC suggested ^^. its a pain but def the fastest way
    02-08-09 10:59 PM
    double click the space button
    Double Click works, thanks.
    I just wish it didn't put a space after the decimal point cause now i gotta hit the back space key, but its better than exiting the keypad screen all the time!
    02-08-09 11:07 PM
    Double Click works, thanks.
    I just wish it didn't put a space after the decimal point cause now i gotta hit the back space key, but its better than exiting the keypad screen all the time!
    Haha, I almost knew you were gonna mention the space it gives afterwards, I noticed that too when testing my phone before posting my reply here. If I had to guess, it puts in the extra space to speed up texting while typing letters/sentences as opposed to numbers. I actually use that more (space bar for periods) more than I use the actual period button.
    02-08-09 11:11 PM
    Same nonsensical issue with not having a $-sign located where the numbers are. Someone explain the logic of that...
    02-09-09 12:05 AM
    Ha! Or how'bout in landscape, the forward slash is in the numbers and backslash I with the symbols?

02-09-09 12:12 AM
    Oddly enough, the keypad has two periods available (one of which is the space bar) while typing in a URL in the browser, no matter if you're in the letters or numbers format .

(on .99 anyhow, don't remember if that was the case while using .75)
    02-09-09 12:13 AM
    lol...doesn't seem that too much logic was put into the placement of keys
    02-09-09 12:22 AM
    When I have the storm locked in !?123 and i'm pounding out some numbers there is no "." decimal point.??? What gives???
    I gotta goto the ABC hit a decimal, then go back to !?123 type more numbers, then switch back???
    This makes no sense....
    Am i missing something?
    If you are using the keyboard in portrait view, the decimal point is in the upper right hand corner after you press the !?123 key. In landscape, the decimal point is next to the M. The reason for this placement is to match that of the standard qwerty keyboard. If you look on your computer keyboard, you will see the decimal point in a similar spot as it is on the landscape keyboard.

02-09-09 12:37 AM
    hes talking when the numbers are locked in landscape. spacebar is the only way
    02-09-09 12:47 AM
    If you are using the keyboard in portrait view, the decimal point is in the upper right hand corner after you press the !?123 key. In landscape, the decimal point is next to the M. The reason for this placement is to match that of the standard qwerty keyboard. If you look on your computer keyboard, you will see the decimal point in a similar spot as it is on the landscape keyboard.

When the virtual keyboards are locked in Num mode, there is no button for the decimal point and that's just stupid.

02-09-09 12:57 AM
    hes talking when the numbers are locked in landscape. spacebar is the only way
    Since the OP didn't stress the part about being in landscape mode, that is why I listed it for both orientations.

When the virtual keyboards are locked in Num mode, there is no button for the decimal point and that's just stupid.

I know that you are guys are talking about the keyboard when in landscape but like I said when you use the number lock in portrait mode, the decimal point is in the upper right hand corner. Across the top row it goes ! 1 2 3 . But I agree that it is stupid that they don't have it for landscape mode.

Last edited by ArmaK; 02-09-09 at 01:32 AM.
    02-09-09 01:29 AM
    Since the OP didn't stress the part about being in landscape mode, that is why I listed it for both orientations.
    no problem...wasn't being wise, just informative. thought you may have misunderstood.
    02-09-09 02:27 AM
    This is why I wish the "hover" keys that pop up were mapable.

I have no need for an umlauted O , A, ETC but making hover over the period be a comma and hover over the comma in Number lock would ease my typing quite a bit
    02-09-09 10:42 AM

I know that you are guys are talking about the keyboard when in landscape but like I said when you use the number lock in portrait mode, the decimal point is in the upper right hand corner. Across the top row it goes ! 1 2 3 . But I agree that it is stupid that they don't have it for landscape mode.

That's just it, IT'S NOT. I'm using QWERTY in both landscape and portrait and when numlock is on, there is no decimal point. What kind of a moron doesn't put in a decimal point when numlock is on? That's just plain stupid.
    02-09-09 11:38 AM
    what i don't get is why is there no comma on the main keybaord with letters?
    02-09-09 11:40 AM
    what i don't get is why is there no comma on the main keybaord with letters?
    You must be talking about SureType, because both the landscape and portrait QWERTY keyboards have the comma on them in normal letter mode.
    02-09-09 12:14 PM
    i wish it would default into locking when you want to do numbers i mean how often are you just typing one number then moving on? if i am typing a single digit i type the word out for it
    02-09-09 12:20 PM
    Press and hold the !?123 until you see a lock icon.

02-09-09 01:33 PM
    You must be talking about SureType, because both the landscape and portrait QWERTY keyboards have the comma on them in normal letter mode.
    Really? My keyboard must be messed up then because there is NO comma on my QWERTY in "normal letter mode." I have to press !123 in order to get that. The ONLY punctuation mark on the regular screen in landscape AND portrait mode is the period.
    02-09-09 02:13 PM
    That's just it, IT'S NOT. I'm using QWERTY in both landscape and portrait and when numlock is on, there is no decimal point. What kind of a moron doesn't put in a decimal point when numlock is on? That's just plain stupid.
    I was talking about the keyboard in SureType. I can't get use to the portrait QWERTY keyboard since the keys are too small my needs.

02-09-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD