Ok Im deciding wether to buy a storm or an iphone and It has come down to one last thing in order for the storm to be the one but...... I need some expertise. Is there a way to get video and music, especially music videos, from the phone to a in car dvd screen. If you have heard of this being done let me know. I know the iphone can do this no problem by connecting the av cables to the in dash dvd player and some screens support the iphone and touch and videos can be played. Can I do the same thing but just with a blackberry storm, help me out and I'll buy blackberry.
    02-14-09 09:21 AM
    Unfortunately I'm not able to help you with this. However, I am wondering, what advantage(s) does the Storm offer over the iPhone which would lead you to this question? Being that I'm married to Verizon, I don't have such an option. Therefore, I know very little about the iPhone but it sure does seem to be a pretty slick device.
    02-14-09 09:25 AM
    wether
       /ˈwɛ�ər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [weth-er] Show IPA Pronunciation
    �noun
    1. a castrated male sheep.
    2. Also called wether wool. wool from previously shorn sheep.
    02-14-09 09:40 AM
    I have played with both, and I much prefer my Storm over the IPhone.
    One reason being that ATT WILL NOT INSURE . If you drop it and it breaks or any accident happens..your out of luck.

Another thing.. Verizon has a much better network. Customer Service too. I will never switch from Verizon, they have made me a loyal customer.

As far as the option to play video on a car dvd player...I do not think it will.
    02-14-09 09:48 AM
    I have played with both, and I much prefer my Storm over the IPhone.
    One reason being that ATT WILL NOT INSURE . If you drop it and it breaks or any accident happens..your out of luck.

Another thing.. Verizon has a much better network. Customer Service too. I will never switch from Verizon, they have made me a loyal customer.
    I agree....ATT network stinks!!!! i can never reach my brother who has the stupid iPhone. 5 Bars my a$$
    02-14-09 09:51 AM
    I played with both as well. Like that the storm has the "click" feature. I was always pushing the wrong buttons by accident on the iphone and having to go back.

Same plan was cheaper at Verizon.
    02-14-09 09:53 AM
    My opinion:

Storm: VZW, email.
    iPhone: Smooth, apps/games, media
    02-14-09 09:53 AM
    I do like typing better on the Storm than the iPhone...

It really comes down to a few things pro/con about both devices.

iphone Pro
    Stable OS
    Superior Browser and video playback
    Tons of Apps and support
    WiFi
    Well built hardware
    Arguably weaker network (in some areas)
    iPhone Con
    No copy paste
    No easy MMS (not a big deal really)
    No flash or video
    No replaceable battery

Storm Pro
    BIS, BBM, MMS ...all easy to use
    Easiest to type touch-screen available
    Huge potential for apps and BB community support
    Flash and video, better camera
    Replaceable battery
    Arguably better network (in some areas)
    Storm Cons
    Teething troubles
    - Random OS issues (for some)
    - Random hardware issues (for some)
    Paucity of well supported Apps.

In other words... as you can see... the biggest thing holding the BB back is... itself. The "random issues" run the gammut of all the pros/cons for the iPhone "at times" and then some... but I DO agree that it will work itself out in time... and if you pick it, I hope you get lucky and get a "good one".
    02-14-09 10:19 AM
    I do like typing better on the Storm than the iPhone...

It really comes down to a few things pro/con about both devices.

iphone Pro
    Stable OS
    Superior Browser and video playback
    Tons of Apps and support
    WiFi
    Well built hardware
    Arguably weaker network (in some areas)
    iPhone Con
    No copy paste
    No easy MMS (not a big deal really)
    No flash or video
    No replaceable battery

Storm Pro
    BIS, BBM, MMS ...all easy to use
    Easiest to type touch-screen available
    Huge potential for apps and BB community support
    Flash and video, better camera
    Replaceable battery
    Arguably better network (in some areas)
    Storm Cons
    Teething troubles
    - Random OS issues (for some)
    - Random hardware issues (for some)
    Paucity of well supported Apps.

In other words... as you can see... the biggest thing holding the BB back is... itself. The "random issues" run the gammut of all the pros/cons for the iPhone "at times" and then some... but I DO agree that it will work itself out in time... and if you pick it, I hope you get lucky and get a "good one".
    Awesome comparison and I completely agree with this statement you made "In other words... as you can see... the biggest thing holding the BB back is... itself".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 10:40 AM
    Dont forget...

Storm
    Insurable

IPhone
    Not Insurable

That is a important issue.
    02-14-09 10:51 AM
    My opinion:

Storm: VZW, email.
    iPhone: Smooth, apps/games, media
    Agree with you 100% there...
    +1
    02-14-09 11:25 AM
    I'll always add to such questions (given that jdoc77 did an excellent job of functional comparisons) - if phone calls and 3G connection is important to you, then you should test the network for ATT. I don't care what the ads say or the great folks in the ATT forums say - that network is really hit or miss right now based on where you live. IMHO, an iPhone ain't so great if you can't get 3G or dependable call quality. It simply AMAZES me how many times I have read people posting comments like "Oh, I just turned 3G off and all my calls come through now". WTF are you paying for?
    02-14-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD