02-15-09 08:30 PM
41 12
tools
    I would go with the Storm just for the Network. Verizon is much better. Also, its a BLACKBERRY.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 09:53 AM
    Get the iphone. I've had this phone since 11/21 and I'm not happy with it at all. I'm waiting till the new iphone comes out then I'm breaking my contract. If u don't want a touch screen get the bold.

02-15-09 10:18 AM
    theres more bad information in this thread than a bush public address

first off, you CAN couple a bluetooth. It's the stereo bluetooth (video/music) that doesn't work

secondly, you CAN create custom ringtones. If you don't know how to do it, you have obviously never searched google or have been not in the know. It takes literally 2 mins and can be done within itunes.
    When you make them in itunes don't they charge you? Myxer.com is free for iphone tho...

02-15-09 10:30 AM
    You sir or madam are wrong. It was not mealy that Verizon wanted a large slice of the pie so to speak. It was more like Verizon wanted to basically control the interface as they do on most of the phones on their network. As well as lock many features down.

It totally drives me nuts that there are brand fan boys of any brand. Each company makes products that you either like or donít like but then you have absolute haters.

Apple is not ďEvilĒ Nor is Microsoft.
    I disagree with you. Apple and Micro$oft are both "evil" organizations guilty of corporatism across multiple industries that lack sufficient competition to promote a truly free market. Case in point... The computer and cellular industries. With a computer you're basically limited to two platforms... PC or MAC (yes, I know there are others but let's keep it simple as possible) and they do their best to legally stifle competition to increase their profits. The same goes for the cellular industry. You have a handful of networks that each try to lock consumers into multi-year, "take-it-or-leave-it" contracts with the fallacy of a "subsidy" on your cellular phone.

I'm a good capitalist just like the next guy and believe everyone deserves to make a good living (even the shareholders), but not at the expense of the consumer or with policies that slow technological growth. If your customers are locked down and can't go anywhere, why make your service any better?
    02-15-09 10:48 AM
    theres more bad information in this thread than a bush public address.
    aaahhh.... and to accurately continue the analogy, here aren't as many lies or contradictions in this thread as an Obama campaign promise.

I'm sure these individuals just passed on what they heard. Most seem to stand true though.
    02-15-09 11:02 AM
    Few things off the top of my head....

Iphone can't do these...

--No video
    --No MMS
    --No copy and past
    --cheap 2 MP camera
    --unable to bluetooth wirelessly
    -- can't replace the cheap sealed battery that last half a day
    --has no true dedicated GPS with turn by turn directions
    --can't stop dropping calls because of the defective chips and/or ATTs poor network
    --no memory slot for additional or changeable memory

for me BLACKBERRY STORM hands down!
    Couldn't agree with you more. Which in face, these are all ESENTIAL and a MUST HAVE for a smart phone. Thats why blackberry always takes the flag when compared to the I "aint crap" phone

Although I do have an Ipod touch. The ipod should've been like this from the beginning. And not made into a phone Matter fact, let me carry my laptop around and just use it as a phone to. Might as well, It does everything I need. Microsoft OWNS Apple in my opinion. Blackberry OWNS Iphone. But what happened to Winmo devices? hahaha
    02-15-09 11:12 AM
    Plus the screen clicking on the storm is awesome. I tried using my bro's Itouch after I got my storm and it felt really weird.
    02-15-09 12:24 PM
    This is turning out to be a Storm vs iPhone battle again. Well, the OP started this by asking us which is better...

I won't say one particular phone is better than the other even though I can't live without my Storm. Seriously, the best way is to use the dang phone for a while, doesn't AT&T have 1 month return policy? Go get an iPhone and use the heck out of it and decide for yourself whether or not you should keep the phone.

Personally, I've never had an iPhone, but my friends have them so I get to play with it here and there. However that doesn't give me enough qualification to speak about the phone on actual iPhone owners' behalf. Long story short, the best way is to live with the thing for at least a few weeks to decide if you really like it or not.

And just a thought...
    For those people who say that "I'd take an iPhone over a Storm in a hearbeat if I lived in the area of good AT&T coverage" on this Crackberry forum.
    You just said it yourself. That is why I would never go sign up with AT&T for that reason alone.
    I seriously think that we should have a designated space for those people that can't stand their Storms, but they still linger on this site on purpose with only one mission... to complain and complain.
    How should we name the corner? Hmm... It would be something like "I wish I lived someplace where AT&T was more in fond of" corner?

Cheers!
    Last edited by nabitheking; 02-15-09 at 12:54 PM.
    02-15-09 12:42 PM
    The sd card in my storm shows up on my ps3 when I plug it in. I can access it and watch videos from it with the ps3. I just tried it once to see if it would work. So you'd think you would be able to do the same thing with any type of device supporting media playback with a usb port.

02-15-09 12:42 PM
    I tried both before buying, and chose the Storm.

Most reasons have been mentioned in this thread, better network VW, Video, click screen (this is a big one), MMS, SD card....

The plusses for the iPhone IMO are the apps, hopefully this will come soon for the Storm. Snappier functionality, for example when flick scrolling. The OS problems on the Storm, most of this has been fixed in the latest patch .103.

Im happy with the Storm, love the screen, it has a better camera (even though its SLOW), and once some apps become available I think it will be the winner over the iPhone.
    02-15-09 01:06 PM
    go with the bold...buttons are for ever...haha...
    02-15-09 01:30 PM
    I think what even seems to mention is that Iphone works right now and the Storm is still in beta form that was release to the public. How is still in beta? hmmm 1 update less than 10 days after the phone was release and than silent. But than you have a whole bunch of unofficial releases "beta phone" not one single official release after December 5 2008 and now it is well you know what day it is and still not one official release. Very boring GUI not as intervated as the Iphone or the Pre.

Storm has it qualities dont get me wrong when it works. I mean email, camera with flash, copy paste and the best network Verizon awesome. Att service sucks balls. But theres a rumor that Iphone could end up on Verizon network by 2010 or late 2012. Theres talks so you could get the storm now and wait lol.

But I think you have to weigh your options. RIM 1 update on a none working phone shows dedication? Also dont fall for the 30 day policy it doesn't do anything you cant tell anything about a phone. If I would of known what I known today I would of waited or I would of told them to give me 90 return but it still wouldnt of helped.

Up to you. But you cant be a Mac fan boy if the phone works. It seems the Pre works and its not even out yet "dedication".
    Last edited by ndata; 02-15-09 at 01:40 PM.
    02-15-09 01:37 PM
    theres more bad information in this thread than a bush public address

first off, you CAN couple a bluetooth. It's the stereo bluetooth (video/music) that doesn't work

secondly, you CAN create custom ringtones. If you don't know how to do it, you have obviously never searched google or have been not in the know. It takes literally 2 mins and can be done within itunes.
    You're wrong once and right once. Stereo Audio on bluetooth DOES work, I use it all the time. You can create custom ring tones, but if you get your mind unwrapped from the Apple software, you'll be able to use your custom ringtones across multiple platforms.

...Bush... Can't you guys stop complaining, yet?
    Last edited by RAPTOR0065; 02-15-09 at 06:38 PM.
    02-15-09 06:35 PM
    HAving owned an iPhone and returned it let me tell you why..

I was on a treo (755p) and was just at my wits end with Palm...

I saw the iPhone, and it looked cool.. ran fine, I knew the SDK was coming out to develop apps, but wasnt out yet...

I couldnt stand the keyboard... My fat fingers just couldnt figure it out.. I had it for a week.. and just gave up.

I missed MMS... I send pics to my kids, and my treo handled it great.

I like the SMS txt threading setup.. but I loved the Treos "messaging" where it dont care MMS/SMS.. just do what you want and it figures it out...

I couldnt care less about the camera.. And I think people who say they care, are nit picking.. Frankly, for my cell phone, I want cheap and simple pics... If I want good pics, I pull out my Nikon... But thats me..

I hated not having a replacable battery... Ive had to spend 80+ bucks to replace my ipod battery.. I wasnt looking forward to the same issue on a phone...

I didnt have stereo Bluetooth before my iPhone... So I didnt miss it... However, when I tried my Moto S9 headset I use on my PS3 on my storm... I was amazed!

Ringtones... Ehh..

Email... Frankly... if it wasnt for the damn OS.. I think Chattermail has BOTH beat hands down..

If your a corporate user, BES/BPS is great... but in general BB's SUCK with folders... It all gets merged together into 1 messages area...

Iphone aint much easier, but it handles sub-folders in an IMAP environment... BB doesnt!

SO yeah, I get stuck plunking down an additional 15 bucks a month, and installing BPS onto my server just so I can get to my clients email folder.

I havent had a problem wiht video (AVI/DVIX/H264) all play well on both... HOWEVER. the interface on the iTouch is MUCH easier to use..

For me, the number 1 reason I returned the iPhone was the keyboard... The press keyboard of the storm is 1000 times better... except for shifting!

I hate having to either lock down the shift, or hit it each time...
    02-15-09 07:35 PM
    Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
    02-15-09 07:38 PM
    ^Would have just put storm but said it had to be 10 characters
    02-15-09 07:40 PM
    I had the iphone and I really liked it. But it was more of a toy. I still relied on my trusty verizon phone for mostly everything. I traded a friend for the bold and used that for a while.

I decided to stick withe more reliable Verizon but I still needed my blackberry.

I got the storm and fell in love. I never looked back.
    02-15-09 08:30 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD