Ok it looks as iff the blackberry is in the lead but there is one and final thing that I need to know about the blackberry storm. I love how the blackberry can be used as a universal remote and I can watch live tv.

Ok I know that the Iphone can connect to an in car dvd player and play videos from the iphone or touch on the screen. This is what I want to do with my blackberry if I choose to go with the storm.

Is there an application, a kit, or even a dvd deck with a screen that can stream video straight from the blackberry.
    02-14-09 07:45 PM
    No, there are no applications that I know of that will stream video from a Storm to a car deck. Even if there were, the deck would have to support the USB input and have the necessary drivers built in.
    02-14-09 07:59 PM
    If ATT has the service in your area... I'd get a iPhone hands down.
    And that whole TV thing is NOT all that for 15 bucks a month...

And you can't get video from the storm to play video externally...

I'd trade my Storm in a heartbeat for a iPhone if ATT had service in my area... We don't even have 3G for ATT... We just got it for Verizon less then a year ago...
    02-14-09 07:59 PM
    Ok it looks as iff the blackberry is in the lead but there is one and final thing that I need to know about the blackberry storm. I love how the blackberry can be used as a universal remote and I can watch live tv.

Ok I know that the Iphone can connect to an in car dvd player and play videos from the iphone or touch on the screen. This is what I want to do with my blackberry if I choose to go with the storm.

Is there an application, a kit, or even a dvd deck with a screen that can stream video straight from the blackberry.
    BLAH.. I hate everything Apple... They're worse than Micro$soft when it comes to forcing you to use their services and applications (I think you'll enjoy AT&T if that's your thing...). I'll admit the iPhone has a coolness factor about it, but for me it is completely offset by Apple and AT&T.

Regarding your question, the BB will stream stereo bluetooth audio to your deck but I don't know anything that streams bluetooth video. If you mean to use your device to store the video, it should be able to connect via USB and read the video to be displayed on your car DVD player. All BlackBerry devices that support mass storage will be able to do this.
    02-14-09 08:15 PM
    BLAH.. I hate everything Apple... They're worse than Micro$soft when it comes to forcing you to use their services and applications (I think you'll enjoy AT&T if that's your thing...). I'll admit the iPhone has a coolness factor about it, but for me it is completely offset by Apple and AT&T.

Regarding your question, the BB will stream stereo bluetooth audio to your deck but I don't know anything that streams bluetooth video. If you mean to use your device to store the video, it should be able to connect via USB and read the video to be displayed on your car DVD player. All BlackBerry devices that support mass storage will be able to do this.
    I think this is probably correct. You simply need a DVD deck that allows USB input and the ability to read the memory card on the Storm. So, in effect you're not actually playing the video on the phone, but rather accessing the file from the phone. I'm guessing that's the same way the iPhone works, though I've never tried that.

And the stereo bluetooth support from the Storm is a HUGE advantage over the iPhone if you have a car stereo with bluetooth. It hooks right up to my Pioneer head unit and works great!

Only you can decide wich one is right for you. The Storm has quite a bit more functionality than the iPhone, but lacks some of the polish. Honestly though, I think the polishing is coming soon and once the app store gets going the Storm will be moving ahead and catching up to the iPhone in the areas where it slips a bit right now.
    02-14-09 08:48 PM
    If you mant a jazzy toy get an iPhone - if you want a professional style device with full capabilities get a Storm!!!!!
    Being "pretty" ain't enough for me!!!!
    02-14-09 09:23 PM
    I love how the blackberry can be used as a universal remote and I can watch live tv.

What? How?
    02-14-09 10:07 PM
    Hmm. Iphone or Storm? hmmm........Toy or Business?...Hmmm.......Getting work done? Or playing around? hmmmm.....No one can decide for you. Your in a Blackberry Forum. What do you expect?

lol
    02-14-09 10:10 PM
    What? How?
    I know there are fancy applications to access your computer remotely and what not but I wasn't aware of any TV streaming... yet.
    02-14-09 10:14 PM
    My thought is if you have to ask Iphone or Storm you should probably get an Iphone ;-)
    02-14-09 10:20 PM
    It depends on what you're looking for.

It's always funny how folks like to call the iPhone a toy...I never understood why people can be such fanboys over something as simple as a cell phone.

If the Storm isn't a "toy" then why is it being marketed as a Blackberry that consumers can use? The Storm is trying to shake the image that Blackberries are just for boring business folks and that it can, in fact, be fun.
    02-14-09 10:26 PM
    In case you don't know, Apple actually approached VzW first for the iPhone exclusive. But VzW turned them down because Apple wanted the lion share of the pie. The other poster is absolutely correct that Apple is as greedy and evil as Micro$oft.

Yes, the iPhone has better GUI. There is no argument about that. But AT&T has inferior network as compared to VzW. Without good network coverage, the iPhone is nothing more than a glorified iPod. As a matter of fact, many of my friends who own an iPhone do not use the data much. So what is the point of owning a converged device??? Just for the look???

The Storm has excellent email and web browsing capability, and that's all matter to me. I will not buy an iPhone unless it can run on the VzW network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 10:27 PM
    Hmm. Iphone or Storm? hmmm........Toy or Business?...Hmmm.......Getting work done? Or playing around? hmmmm.....No one can decide for you. Your in a Blackberry Forum. What do you expect?

lol
    LOL,
    Funny, What CAN you do on a Storm that you CAN'T do on a Storm...
    02-14-09 10:27 PM
    In case you don't know, Apple actually approached VzW first for the iPhone exclusive. But VzW turned them down because Apple wanted the lion share of the pie. The other poster is absolutely correct that Apple is as greedy and evil as Micro$oft.

Yes, the iPhone has better GUI. There is no argument about that. But AT&T has inferior network as compared to VzW. Without good network coverage, the iPhone is nothing more than a glorified iPod. As a matter of fact, many of my friends who own an iPhone do not use the data much. So what is the point of owning a converged device??? Just for the look???

The Storm has excellent email and web browsing capability, and that's all matter to me. I will not buy an iPhone unless it can run on the VzW network.

Couldnt agree with you more ... it's sad that my iphone buddies ask me where I got my ringtones (self made). I offer to send them via MMS and they give me the burning stare
    02-14-09 10:34 PM
    iPhone is good after you Jailbreak it. Before that point, I think it is rather useless and overly restricted. However, even after Jailbreaking (letting you run neat things, like IM software all the time!) it still seems rather uninspiring when it comes to Push email, for instance.

The Storm is a great phone, in theory. I've already posted in other topics my current issues with it, however. I'd advising waiting off a month to see if the Storm issues actually do get ironed out, or if even after the next update people will still be talking about their phone freezing at times. If the issues do get ironed out, the Storm is a clear winner in my view. If they don't, I'd take an iPhone (only if you Jailbreak it).
    02-14-09 10:34 PM
    Couldnt agree with you more ... it's sad that my iphone buddies ask me where I got my ringtones (self made). I offer to send them via MMS and they give me the burning stare
    Just do what I do and send them anyway...lol! Then follow up with a comment about what you sent, like "dude, is that the best rack you've ever seen or what?"
    02-14-09 11:34 PM
    That's funny! I get that all the time, too!

Did I mention I hate Apple?
    02-15-09 12:25 AM
    That's funny! I get that all the time, too!

Did I mention I hate Apple?
    I did too till I bought 3 of them lol...
    Will NEVER go back to PC...
    ONLY reason I use XP is for map making on fire assignments and BB DM !!!
    02-15-09 12:44 AM

What kind of response do you think your going to get in a BLACKBERRY forum? BB FTW by the way.
    02-15-09 01:05 AM
    I have a storm; my girlfriend has an iphone. Yes, it's almost as bad as if we cheered for opposing teams during the superbowl.

It's a comparison of apples and oranges because each has strengths and weaknesses. You're also going to get 1,000 different opinions if you ask 1,000 different people. I have read the blackberry is more suited for professional/work related applications; the iphone more for recreation though not on thier network as it seems to be inferior to VzW (d/l software seems to run faster or more smoothly on the iphone, or so some opinions go).

Iphones can't use mp3's for ringtones (or so the at&t people told my gf). Also, you can't currently send pictures attatched to text messages (you have to email them as attatchments, but of course the other person has to have an email account and a phone that can access them). Iphones cannot cut & paste for text/word document needs. However, this may all chang one day if they do OS upgrades, as most may be software related issues.

The storm? I see one constant, consecutive gripe (though not much of an issue to me). Due to how quickly they rushed it and thus a possible OS issue, it lags sometimes. By the end of the day, you have to reboot sometimes or do a battery pull as it lags viciously. Like the Iphone, though, this will probably change over time and with upgrades.

I bet this didn't answer your question but did give you some more food for thought.
    02-15-09 07:45 AM
    LOL,
    Funny, What CAN you do on a Storm that you CAN'T do on a Storm...
    Few things off the top of my head....

Iphone can't do these...

--No video
    --No MMS
    --No copy and past
    --cheap 2 MP camera
    --unable to bluetooth wirelessly
    -- can't replace the cheap sealed battery that last half a day
    --has no true dedicated GPS with turn by turn directions
    --can't stop dropping calls because of the defective chips and/or ATTs poor network
    --no memory slot for additional or changeable memory

for me BLACKBERRY STORM hands down!
    02-15-09 08:10 AM
    WOW... I wonder if mjbesen's list is more widely known. I wasn't even aware that you couldn't couple a bluetooth with the iphone. This is a must for many people.

I just fell in love with my storm all over again.... and on a side note I wonder if xxfire caught his erroneous syntax after he posted it.

I CAN vouch for at&t's poor network. My girlfriend's calls, half the time, are full of "spits and sputters" on the audio when I talk to her (even on that high dollar iphone)... and there are enough incidents of her calls being dropped within seconds of connection that I remember them distinctly meaning there are too many. I rarely have problems (though this IS an imperfect world and it DOES happen) on the VzW network.... just far and few between.

My $.02 worth..... but i'm looking for a government bailout so I can give more.
    02-15-09 08:21 AM
    theres more bad information in this thread than a bush public address

first off, you CAN couple a bluetooth. It's the stereo bluetooth (video/music) that doesn't work

secondly, you CAN create custom ringtones. If you don't know how to do it, you have obviously never searched google or have been not in the know. It takes literally 2 mins and can be done within itunes.
    02-15-09 08:53 AM
    Get the storm & a itouch and have the best of both worlds

02-15-09 09:30 AM

You sir or madam are wrong. It was not mealy that Verizon wanted a large slice of the pie so to speak. It was more like Verizon wanted to basically control the interface as they do on most of the phones on their network. As well as lock many features down.

It totally drives me nuts that there are brand fan boys of any brand. Each company makes products that you either like or don�t like but then you have absolute haters.

Apple is not �Evil� Nor is Microsoft.
    02-15-09 09:39 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD