So i haven't yet installed a leaked OS yet, still cruising on .75.

I love the phone but am getting tired of bugs and freezes and battery pulls in .75 and just the overall slowness of the phone. I've wanted to upgrade to a newer one but i just have figured the speed isn't worth some of the major bugs.

But i promised myself i will install next leaked OS... good or bad

Point of posting...????? IDK
    I'm sure you are all interested in my thoughts.
    01-27-09 11:47 PM
    thanks for sharing.

no really.
    01-27-09 11:50 PM
    More power to ya...

I've got .90 sitting on my desktop but I don't think I'm gonna install it. Too many problems. I had a lot of problems with .85 so I went back to .75.

I'm fine with that for now...
    01-28-09 12:30 AM
    I�ve .87 running. Upgrading to .90 doesn�t work and .87 is buggy. But I won�t downgrade to .78 (Vodafone Germany Official OS) �cause some functions are only in english.

I don�t have a problem with english (or is my english so bad), but I have a geman phone, so it should speak german...
    01-28-09 09:10 AM
    I was trying to wait patiently for the next official release (my Storm came with .75), and read as much as I could on all the beta releases, and didn't feel compelled to experiment or deal with the bugs of the other leaked versions til .90. I've had it on my Storm for a week now and happy I did it.

There's been very few bugs (biggest one is that the camera needs to be on 1.1 or higher focus to save pic consistently, but that's no big deal - plus the camera is 5x quicker and now usable), and the benefits have been very good - faster overall, smoother scrolling on the menus, portrait qwerty keyboard I use as default now, bluetooth speed dial finally works (hated to look up contacts or dial while driving (I have a bluetooth head unit in my car)), and have a lot more memory available than ever in .75.

I've had one or 2 random issues (switching from camera to video made it freeze today), but I was having some issues with .75, so it's a wash.

I'd recommend taking the plunge to .90 as it appears any official update is still several weeks away at best.
    01-28-09 09:29 AM
    I upgraded and have had no major issues!!! Try it! you can always go back. It's not like dying!!
    01-28-09 01:53 PM
    ive gone through every leak.

Its funny when a new leak comes out though. the first 3-5 hours after the release, you will see many threads saying ".XX is the best one EVER!!" or ".XX makes the storm PERFECT" etc, then 6-infiniti hours later you get threads like ".XX bricked my phone", ".XX is the worst one yet" so on and so forth.
    01-28-09 02:15 PM
    I�ve .87 running. Upgrading to .90 doesn�t work and .87 is buggy. But I won�t downgrade to .78 (Vodafone Germany Official OS) �cause some functions are only in english.

I don�t have a problem with english (or is my english so bad), but I have a geman phone, so it should speak german...
    I'm about to download the **** out .78.. i'm still running on .65 from when I first got the phone

cheers !
    01-28-09 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD