Which should I get? I will order one in the morning when I wake up
    05-12-09 01:42 AM
    feather for sure, the case has a smooth feel to it, and it does not pick up lint, and it looks sick! imo
    05-12-09 01:44 AM
    the innocase II is also smooth and it will not pick up lint...
    the only difference is the looks... i believe they are the same material/feel
    05-12-09 01:47 AM
    One vote for Innocase II...
    Two-piece construction, but fits very well & doesn't "bulk" up the phone.
    A couple of issues:
    1) I'd recommend you pick up Quick Pull- that will keep you from having to take the case off to remove the battery.
    2) Possible drawback is that it won't fit into most leather holsters, but if that's not a big deal for you, then run with it!
    05-12-09 01:48 AM
    I haven't used the Innocase, but I love the Feather because it doesn't interfere with the lines of the phone and it's easy to take off and put on. It's also thin enough that I was able to stretch out my leather horizontal case so it would fit.
    05-12-09 02:39 AM
    I vote for Innocase II because it has the same feel as Feather, same thickness etc... and has the added bonus that it covers/protects a bit more of the phone at the bottom (see pics) and the chrome bezel around it. As well it doesn't pick up lint either.

The only advantage the Feather case has is more colors to choose from.

Innocase II

Incipio Feather
    05-12-09 03:32 AM
    The feather seems like it might be thin enough to fit in the charging dock, will it? I know seidio has their own dock for the innocase but I would rather keep using the one I have
    05-12-09 10:12 AM
    The feather seems like it might be thin enough to fit in the charging dock, will it? I know seidio has their own dock for the innocase but I would rather keep using the one I have
    Measuring less than 1mm thin, Feather is ideal for the BlackBerry user seeking inconspicuous, first-class protection. Feather is made of an ultra light, ultra strong polymer for light as a feather, form-fitting durable protection without the added bulk. Feather features a soft touch matte finish and includes 2 surface protectors and a cleaning cloth. Feather by Incipio is so thin that it allows the BlackBerry to be used with many of the docks on the market.

Our Feather case conveniently fits inside of the Bond Street Leather case while still attached to your BlackBerry!

The Bond Street Leather belt clip case by Incipio is the ultimate classic case. This premium leather case gives users quick and easy access to their BlackBerry Storm with strategically placed openings and a magnetic flip closure. Textured material and modern lines give this favorite a fresh, contemporary look.
    05-12-09 12:37 PM
    Feather. Its a great looking case and Incipio has great CS.
    05-12-09 12:47 PM
    I've had my Feather for about a week and couldn't be happier. Dropped my Storm on a hard bathroom tile floor from about four feet and it did the job. Of course being a Seinfeld kind of guy I now have to throw the phone away because it touched a public bathroom floor.
    05-12-09 01:01 PM
    I have the innocase II (black) and my wife has the Incipio Feather (magenta).

Here are my observations:

1) They are made of the same material and same thickness.

2) The Feather is at least $10 cheaper

3) I prefer the 1-piece design of the Feather...makes battery pulls much better. (although I've learned to get the Innocase II off pretty quick as well)

4) The Innocase II does protect a bit more of the bottom of the phone (although this can trap dirt/dust and actually cause minor scratches in the high-gloss black plastic of the phone)

5) The opening for the camera is bigger on the Innocase II which makes it much easier to quickly clean the lens.

6) The opening for the speaker is better designed on the Incipio Feather, as it accommodates the standoffs that are on the storm. (Even though their primary function of keeping a gap at the speaker to prevent it from being muffled is still defeated by both cases).

7) The innocase II completely covers the chrome bezel, while the Feather leaves the bezel partially exposed all around. I have checked my wifes phone and this has not yet caused any scuffing of the chrome...I'll check back in a couple months.

8) This is really trivial, but I like the shape of the Micro-UBS cutout better on the Feather, as it is shaped to show the correct orientation for the plug...helpful when trying to plug the phone in when the lighting is low.

---Kevin...lovin my Storm with v4.7.0.141 & Lyricidal's 5.0 hybrid!!!

Crackberry ROCKS my world!!!!
    05-12-09 01:13 PM
    Measuring less than 1mm thin, Feather is ideal for the BlackBerry user seeking inconspicuous, first-class protection. Feather is made of an ultra light, ultra strong polymer for light as a feather, form-fitting durable protection without the added bulk. Feather features a soft touch matte finish and includes 2 surface protectors and a cleaning cloth. Feather by Incipio is so thin that it allows the BlackBerry to be used with many of the docks on the market.

Our Feather case conveniently fits inside of the Bond Street Leather case while still attached to your BlackBerry!

The Bond Street Leather belt clip case by Incipio is the ultimate classic case. This premium leather case gives users quick and easy access to their BlackBerry Storm with strategically placed openings and a magnetic flip closure. Textured material and modern lines give this favorite a fresh, contemporary look.
    Does Incipio have plans to make a vertical case? I hate the horizontal look.
    05-12-09 02:42 PM
    i got the red Feather and i love it its smooth and nice
    05-12-09 04:52 PM
    It does not fit in the BlackBerry charging dock, but supposedly will fit in the Seidio dock.
    05-12-09 05:05 PM
    My main issue with BOTH of these cases is that they expose the top end of the phone.

Love the material, love the thinness, love EVERYTHING but that part...which has me holding back for the moment...
    05-12-09 05:09 PM
    My feather just arrived, so now I can offer a comparison.

I prefer the size of the feather and how it is not two pieces. Overall, it feels a fuzz smaller in size as you hold it in your hand. On the other hand, I like how the Innocase II protects more of the phone (the bottom lip and more of the chrome trim is covered). Both feel the same texture wise.

So, in the end, I would say I prefer the styling of the feather for someone who isn't hard on their 'berry. However, that said, if you are hard on your phone I probably would have something a little more substantial than either one of these cases.
    05-12-09 05:17 PM
    Just to give everyone who wants a leather holster and one of these cases an idea. I use the Innocase II and picked up a new 8800 BB OEM leather holster on Amazon for about $8 delivered. My Storm with the Innocase installed fits perfectly in the 8800 holster.
    05-12-09 06:32 PM
    I have the Seidio hybrid Innocase case and although it looks really nice I've had some problems.
    It frequently pops off the seidio belt clip because the clip is large and sticks out and gets caught on things. When it falls out to the floor the case pops off and the back of the phone comes off.
    The last straw was last week at the movie theater I had to search under the seats for pieces of the case and phone.
    The case now has small cracks.
    I'm going to buy something else probably the feather.
    05-12-09 07:56 PM
    Had and Innocase II and it blew donkey balls. The matte finish started peeling after a few days, it was next to impossible to get off for a battery pull because of how the latch is positioned to separate the top from the bottom, and if you do that often, as in switch phones or have to do battery pulls, the tabs will end up breaking in a month or so. In my opinion the Innocase II is a waste of money. I don't know about the other one, but I would say if it is one piece and either slides on or snaps around and gives you easy access to the battery door then go with that one.
    05-12-09 08:24 PM
    Not sure about the Innocase but I own a feather and as much as I want to love this case, I'm plagued with "cracking issues" like a lot of other owners.

Thankfully it seems that Incipio has great CS that takes care of this, but be warned.

Check my post here for photos on what I'm talking about:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/loo...ml#post2540939
    05-12-09 10:07 PM
    Featherfeatherfeather!!!!!!!
    05-12-09 11:56 PM
    My main issue with BOTH of these cases is that they expose the top end of the phone.

Love the material, love the thinness, love EVERYTHING but that part...which has me holding back for the moment...
    How about the original Innocase instead of the Innocase ll. It covers the top of the phone and is still trim and nice. The top of the phone is what concerns me about the others as well. The only weakness I find with the Innocase original is the chance of the tabs breaking when removing it.
    05-18-09 11:49 AM
    Just a follow-up. Even though Many have experienced cracking issues with the Incipio feather, including myself, I will speak until I'm blue in the face about their fantastic customer service!

They replaced my case without any questions or redtape.
    05-18-09 12:27 PM
    I'd recommend the innocase II because it provides more protection and is a proven product, in that we know it doesn't have the same problem with cracking.

Lets face it, even if incipios customer service is fantastic, it's still an inconvenience to have your case crack and have to call them about to have another sent out. Might as well going with something that probably isn't going to break and avoid that headache all together.
    05-18-09 02:32 PM
    I have said this about a dozen times, and not sure why no one routinely specifically addresses this point. One piece of the interior of the Seido case has felt on it to protect the finish on the phone, the other piece has no felt and it scratches the phone and wears away at the finish. If both piece had felt to protect the device it would be an A++ case. Imho, without it, it defeats allot of the purpose of having a case. For maximum protection - one might want to try a skin AND one of these cases.
    05-18-09 03:05 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD