1) up to date train schedules (currently on iphone)
    2) tv guide
    3) more games
    4) slide lock app to lock the phone from the home screen(currently on iphone and now on storm for calls)
    Last edited by clickhea; 12-24-08 at 03:39 PM.
    12-24-08 03:27 PM
    1) better dictionary
    2) more games
    3) language translation like a Rosetta Stone that took advantage of the screen size
    12-24-08 04:04 PM
    Moved to 3rd party applications discussion.

I'd like to see a better soft-reset app, and a better app that locks the device while on the phone.
    12-24-08 04:06 PM
    This is a big one and i'm willing to pay for this app BAR CODE SCANNER. after you scan it, web browser comes up to tell you the price, where to get it and info about the item you scan
    12-24-08 04:26 PM
    I would love to see an option to turn of the click screen when typing only.
    Of course this would best be fixed by RIM, not that it's broken. But it would definately allow me to get some speed back in the typing department.
    12-24-08 05:11 PM
    This is a big one and i'm willing to pay for this app BAR CODE SCANNER. after you scan it, web browser comes up to tell you the price, where to get it and info about the item you scan
    Just like the ones for the G1.

SAT NAV With MAPS Stored on the SD Card ....... I WOULD PAY GOOD MONEY FOR THAT !

I think for inspiration BB Developers could do with looking at the android market place. There's some brilliant stuff going on there. I know its open source and the way android apps work is different to BB, BUT, a lot of the apps can be written for the Blackberry OS.
    12-24-08 05:52 PM
    A turn based adventure game.
    12-24-08 06:48 PM
    I think for inspiration BB Developers could do with looking at the android market place. There's some brilliant stuff going on there. I know its open source and the way android apps work is different to BB, BUT, a lot of the apps can be written for the Blackberry OS.
    Woah. Everyone was criticizing that guy who suggested a clothes organization app the other day......I guess I now see where he got it!
    12-24-08 06:50 PM
    Bubble Wrap taking advantage of the click screen, much like the iPhones bubblewrap app.. but better because you click it.

A more solid free GPS like the VZ Navigator.. no hatin, i miss it, but im not paying extra for it.

More games that involve the touch screen and accelerometer.

brews of the apps that made the iPhone popular.. iBeer etc..

Dynolicious.
    12-24-08 07:25 PM
    Just like the ones for the G1.

SAT NAV With MAPS Stored on the SD Card ....... I WOULD PAY GOOD MONEY FOR THAT !

+1 More for me!! The one time i don't have an internet signal is probably when i'm going to need NAV the most.. PLEASE an OFFLINE GPS solution.. i have no prob storing 1.5 gig North America Maps on my SD... I have no prob paying more for this either..

I just want one less thing to lug around... My Garmin Nuvi and charging calbes + Mounts + clips and little bag to carry it all.
    12-25-08 01:11 AM
    a song ID program where you hold the cellphone to the music and it'll ID the name of the song, the artist, and the album for ya. Verizon has it for their basic cellphones (iPhone has one too). It'll also send the song ID to your email acct. You can then have the option of buying it from Rhapsody store or not. I used it quite a bit w/ my old LG phone.

If you're gonna suggest Nobex, you can stop right there cuz it doesn't "listen" to songs. It only IDs what it's playing.
    12-25-08 11:21 AM
    A customizable home screen
    A snappier phone app
    Tap Tap Revolution for BB
    12-25-08 12:39 PM
    What would be really nice would be an app that allows us to run Android apps...
    12-25-08 12:54 PM
    An app that allows for repeat alerts (like BB alerts) that works well on the storm.
    12-25-08 08:04 PM
    An app that allows for repeat alerts (like BB alerts) that works well on the storm.
    +1 . On my old 8700 I had a 3rd party app called "Message Alerts" that made it repeat. Hoping for something similar for the Storm soon here.
    01-04-09 10:49 PM
    NES/SNES/GB/ETC Emulators

Oh ya, and a more functional calendar app.
    01-04-09 11:03 PM
    a song ID program where you hold the cellphone to the music and it'll ID the name of the song, the artist, and the album for ya. Verizon has it for their basic cellphones (iPhone has one too). It'll also send the song ID to your email acct. You can then have the option of buying it from Rhapsody store or not. I used it quite a bit w/ my old LG phone.

If you're gonna suggest Nobex, you can stop right there cuz it doesn't "listen" to songs. It only IDs what it's playing.
    I was told by a VZW employee that VCastSongID is being ported to the Storm.
    01-05-09 12:11 AM
    I was told by a VZW employee that VCastSongID is being ported to the Storm.
    thank god! i used that thing all the time. Is it going to go in the application center or what?
    01-05-09 02:21 AM

Shazam, the same program for IPhone, is going to be coming out with a Storm version of their app sometime soon hopefully.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/sh...opment-126509/

I would love to see a fantasy football app come out for the Storm where users can track scores and make trades and changes to there depth chart.

Also, a multiplayer poker game would be awesome.
    Last edited by NEEVZ; 01-05-09 at 10:24 AM.
    01-05-09 08:32 AM
    The Android App "Biowallet" would be awesome. I don't think it's been released yet but it's software that takes a picture of your eye and decodes your iris for use as a password.

The Storm would be even better for this app than the G1 because the G1 doesn't have a flash so if you're in the dark, then your S.O.L.

Art
    01-05-09 10:46 AM
    I want the level application that the iphone has.
    01-05-09 10:51 AM
    An app that allow you to choose which inboxes to combine & which to keep separate.

For example, I want to keep my work email, yahoo & blackberry.net emails together in one Inbox. Then, I want a 2nd inbox with a gmail address.

(As currently available on the BB, its all or nothing consolidated.)

Why? Because I get a lot of Google Alerts and other listserv & distro list emails. Now that there's HTML email on BB, I can read that stuff. But, I don't want it clogging up my 'real' email throughout the day. I just want to be able to go thru it when I have the time.
    01-05-09 01:27 PM
    The Android App "Biowallet" would be awesome. I don't think it's been released yet but it's software that takes a picture of your eye and decodes your iris for use as a password.

The Storm would be even better for this app than the G1 because the G1 doesn't have a flash so if you're in the dark, then your S.O.L.

Art
    Wouldn't you go blind? Everytime I take a flash Storm pic of someone, they're blinded by the really bright flash. This wasn't the case with the Pearl cam.
    01-05-09 01:34 PM
    Y
    I want to see the lightsaber app..like the android and the iPhone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 04:58 PM
    hmmm...
    an app that doesn't allow incoming calls from iPhones
    01-05-09 04:59 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD