In order to keep up the integrity of the information on these forums, is it possible for the people to stop posting answers before they actually test something or know the answer.

Lately there has been so many incorrect replies from the most common users. It seems more like peopel are posting an answer just to post, not to help.

A prime example of this would be the begining of the 4.7.0.85 official thread where (after the first 10K posts of people saying that they are downloading the software) people commented on how great the software was and what the software improved before they actually had it installed. All of the true opinions (ya know, the ones that didn't just echo the original posts improvements list) didn't start to come until page 20 of the posts.

Its not fun to sift through the garbage in the post at 2:30 in the morning while on vacation and having to be in Lambeau field in the morning.
    12-31-08 08:09 PM
    probably not
    12-31-08 08:11 PM
    This thread just adds to the garbage.

But i don't mind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 08:12 PM
    Oh geeze, and now you've gone and done it to me. Why did I read this? Or reply?!

12-31-08 08:15 PM
    This thread just adds to the garbage.

But i don't mind.

I don't mind either
    12-31-08 08:16 PM
    Use at your own discretion.
    12-31-08 08:17 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/dea...-users-126936/

Just looks like spam/crap to me
    12-31-08 08:18 PM
    I really think if you use the SEARCH option it will take away all you problems.
    (at least what I have been told)
    12-31-08 08:21 PM
    My post is talking about the issue of providing incorrect information.

This post obviously doesn't provide any users with any useful info. Thats why its not in the help section.
    On second thought. It should be in the help section because it would help the posters that post incorrect information understand why they shouldn't do it.

Garbage is one thing (unuseful stuff like this) but misleading garbage is another thing.

It destroys the credibility of the posters. There are four people already that I pretty much ignore (when it comes to information) because I know they are just posting an answer to sound lke the king or something.

I guess they don't understand, I am the king.
    12-31-08 08:24 PM
    I understand what you are saying, however it's become common here to post that way.
    12-31-08 08:30 PM
    This topic has been covered before.

12-31-08 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD