10-28-09 12:54 PM
55 123
tools
    Ill drop by the professor during office hours and see about getting something done. I haven missed anything in homework since its mainly papers. I just miss out on important lecture notes for the quizzes.. I'd rather talk to them and deal with it civilly instead of asking the professor to intervein though.
    Talking to them isn't going to help. Language barrier or not, they know their being rude, they just don't give a ****. Talk to the professor, its their job to help you get an education. You're paying good $ for it, you deserve to get everything out of it you can! PS. I took astronomy in college, got an A, loved it! Have fun!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 08:32 PM
    Why do people have to throw out the race card? The last though to go through my mind would be racism. The guy was making a detailed story to put things into perspective posed by the language barrier, making it difficult for him to come to a resolution to his problem. This hardly makes him a racist and for you to come on the internet and accuse someone whom you don't know, of being a racist is simply appalling. I think your making an assumption of the race of the OP and perhaps it is YOU who are the racist, otherwise I think you owe OP an apology.

lol I don't need an apology from them. I go to a campus with a very diverse group of people. Its interesting to over hear other languages around campus, except when I'm in class. People are entitled to their opinion. If they feel I'm a racist, and can't take a few jokes I threw in then that's their choice. Those kinds of people are no fun (Oh look, I'm discriminating now!). I dealt with similar stuff today on, ironically enough, a religion debate in one of my classes.

Talking to them isn't going to help. Language barrier or not, they know their being rude, they just don't give a ****. Talk to the professor, its their job to help you get an education. You're paying good $ for it, you deserve to get everything out of it you can! PS. I took astronomy in college, got an A, loved it! Have fun!!!

My Professor is horrible. We look at the physics aspect of everything if that makes sense, Its actually a Physics course. Only reason I really took the class was because I saw Planetarium and thought it would be an awesome time. The material is dry, she's mono toned, and all that stuff. I enjoy my marketing classes more.
    10-13-09 09:08 PM
    How you think subconsciously shows in your opening statement when you talk or write. Let me use a general example and cite 2 quotes from this post.

There is a guy busy working and you need to ask him to move a chair to a corner. One would ask, "could you please move the chair to that corner?". Another would say, "I am sorry to bother you, but could you please move the chair to the corner?". The difference between the two is the latter thinks he is bothering the guy at work. The point is the first one never sees the request as a bother, but the second one does. Whether it's an actual bother or not is irrelevant.

Ok, I want to start off by saying I'm not racist, I'm not trying to discriminate, etc.. I might as well throw that out before I get started.
    This is an opening statement by OP. He knew what he was going to write is racially "motivated". Or at least subconsciously.

You must not have passed basic reading comprehension. Reread post then try again as to why he was asking for people who know asian symbols cause their *gasp* ASIAN.

Did i just blow your mind? Yeah that just happened.
    Here is an example of how a poster really didn't have a coherent argument to his view. Instead he used personal attack or "shouting" tactic to make himself feel superior in his writing.

Instead of saying, "... based on .... xyz is abc." He would say ".... are you stupid ..... xyz is abc.".
    10-13-09 09:48 PM
    How you think subconsciously shows in your opening statement when you talk or write. Let me use a general example and cite 2 quotes from this post.

There is a guy busy working and you need to ask him to move a chair to a corner. One would ask, "could you please move the chair to that corner?". Another would say, "I am sorry to bother you, but could you please move the chair to the corner?". The difference between the two is the latter thinks he is bothering the guy at work. The point is the first one never sees the request as a bother, but the second one does. Whether it's an actual bother or not is irrelevant.

This is an opening statement by OP. He knew what he was going to write is racially "motivated". Or at least subconsciously.

I wrote that in there because of people like you will take it as I'm attacking Asian's, or other races, and can't take a little joke. You make sound like I'm only escalating this because they are Asian.

Here is an example of how a poster really didn't have a coherent argument to his view. Instead he used personal attack or "shouting" tactic to make himself feel superior in his writing.

Instead of saying, "... based on .... xyz is abc." He would say ".... are you stupid ..... xyz is abc.".

How am I personally attacking them? There are jokes, but its clean fun. I'm not using racial slurs that would offend someone.

Making myself feel superior? Come on now. Isn't that what your doing?
    Seriously, If you want to continue, Great. You already called me out for being racist. Your job is done. Now how about you either A: Give me an Idea to get them to be quiet so I can focus on my studies in class, or B: Get out.
    10-13-09 10:13 PM
    I love this...

I'm not racist but....

then the pots and pans comment...

You're killing me squrtile. I mean you do know that's the base of like...a million racist jokes right?

XFD.
    Hey this guy made a cool point. Like how the people saying you're a racist missed the real racist remark.

And how saying "I'm not a racist but" is like saying "I'm about to offend someone so..."
    10-13-09 10:27 PM

LOL! Your going to analyze his sentence structure to determine that he is a racist? laughable at best, insulting at worst. Here is the problem with your theory. Your suggesting that he feels guilty for bringing up the topic to begin with. How can the feeling of guilt imply that he is racist, assuming that he actually even felt guilty for posting to begin with? To me, it sounds that he has gone out of his way to imply that this isn't racially motivated because he obviously doesn't want to offend anyone, and this is also what he has stated. Neither scenario describes the actions of a racist. What kind of racist comes on a blackberry website to ask for help, that goes out of his way in every way to show that he isn't racist? True racists will not disguise their intentions. So instead of taking him for his word, you have to make accusations that he is a racist. You took his first sentence and set your agenda into place without putting the entirety of the story into context. This is why you are wrong and if anyone in here is racist it is you, regardless of your race or the race you claim your trying to defend.

Last edited by chuckz28; 10-14-09 at 09:17 AM.
    10-14-09 09:14 AM
    Shut the f*** up

In Chinese: 关闭性交

In Japanese: 性交を締めなさい

In Korean: 성교를 닫으십시오

Or simply do what I would do if the professor was being an *** and not mind what the girls were doing. Bring in your own foldout chair and foldout tablet desk and sit at the head of the class next to his/her desk. When they look at you funny, simply state... "Well, there were no free seats for me to move to since Ding Dong and Ling Ling won't shut up, so I solved the problem the best I could. I pay good money for this class and no one is going to cause me to lose that money."
    10-14-09 10:23 AM
    Shut the f*** up

Or simply do what I would do if the professor was being an *** and not mind what the girls were doing. Bring in your own foldout chair and foldout tablet desk and sit at the head of the class next to his/her desk. When they look at you funny, simply state... "Well, there were no free seats for me to move to since Ding Dong and Ling Ling won't shut up, so I solved the problem the best I could. I pay good money for this class and no one is going to cause me to lose that money."
    This is some good advice!!!
    10-14-09 11:00 AM
    10-14-09 12:18 PM
    You are definitely a racist.

I get it. You have a problem with 2 loud-mouth disrespectful students that disrupting your class and hurting your grade. That's all you need to say. Why bring up Asians, girls, weir writing, paying a lot of money, etc. .

You have disrespectful people at restaurant, subway, etc talking loud on the phone, tossing trash. They come in all ages, size, and colors.

All you're doing is being a *** damn baby.
    10-14-09 12:24 PM
    Shut the f*** up

Thanks for the notes.. I'm assuming they are Chinese or Japanese, because both of the symbols look very similar to their writing. And I don't think I'll be bringing a fold out chair to class lol.
    10-14-09 01:04 PM
    You're not racist. You're wanting to shut up two rude .....witches? The professor let's is go because that's what professors do. They can't chastise them without being labeled a racist themselves. Good luck on your quest for the correct symbols I can't help you there, but a applaud you for standing up for your rigths.

10-14-09 02:01 PM
    Thanks for the notes.. I'm assuming they are Chinese or Japanese, because both of the symbols look very similar to their writing. And I don't think I'll be bringing a fold out chair to class lol.
    lol, just remember that those are from an online translator. For all I know you might be asking them "if they want to f***".
    10-14-09 08:23 PM
    lol, just remember that those are from an online translator. For all I know you might be asking them "if they want to f***".
    Lmao, now that would be hilarious...
    10-14-09 08:25 PM
    Lmao, now that would be hilarious...
    Lol it would, Except for the possible sexual harassment suit I might possibly have on my hands.

Given these thoughts, I'm thinking maybe I'll ask them how to write it in their language, then when they talk, I'll pass the same piece of paper back to them, with a giant sh** eating grin on my face.
    10-14-09 09:09 PM
    Lol it would, Except for the possible sexual harassment suit I might possibly have on my hands.
    Really?

Damn, I guess you can't even ask anyone anything anymore without being sued for something.
    10-14-09 09:22 PM
    Damn, Whats this world coming to? You can't even ask a foreign exchange student for sexual favors anymore..

Screw college. Actually, I'll paypal $10 to anyone who can write me a paper on "Slaves influence in building Athens and their role in Greek mythology" using journal's and books.. 1600 Words.. Due by Midnight tomorrow. I don't want to do it. Facebook and Crackberry are awesome procrastination tools.
    10-14-09 09:50 PM
    I agree with OP to an extent. I would like to bring up another point though. Speaking different languages in a learning environment (or work environment for that matter) can be very dangerous. For example, if the two students were in a lab setting and were speaking whatever language the spoke, they could be discussing dangerous practices or the wrong steps entirely without the professor or other students knowledge and could be seriously injured. It is however slightly racist to disallow others to speak native languages, but they in no way should get special rights such as "aiding" eachother on quizes or in labs.
    10-15-09 01:45 PM
    Speaking of helping each other on tests: in my high school geography class there was a whole row of non English speakers with an aide to help them. This was not the problem. The problem was that this "aide" was giving them answers on the tests. She would simply point to the answers for nearly every student. Incredibly frustrating. I complained to the teacher about that happening and he seemed too nervous to do anything about it so I went to the vice principal. They claimed that I couldn't prove what they were doing since I don't speak spanish. Basically if those students failed, which they would probably have done without help, it would reflect badly on the school. Oh and they also wouldn't shut up during class so I know a little bit how you feel, OP.
    10-15-09 08:12 PM
    Well, My professors office hours conflict with my schedule. In order to have a face to face meeting I'll have to miss a class, or time magically appear in space. So instead, I emailed my professor about the subject. I explained my situation, and let her know about my trouble concentrating while they were talking.

She replied saying that since its in the back of the class its hard for her to hear anything, and unless she hears anything its out of her hands, but she said she'll pay more attention and tell them to quiet down if she hears them.

So its not really going to help, but she's at the least pretending to try to help.
    10-17-09 12:32 PM
    Instead of pursuing the path you're going down, you should be getting in good with them. You never know... some day you may need a math tutor.

(Is he serious, or is he kidding?)
    10-17-09 01:58 PM
    time to bring a lawn chair and cooler to class....don't forget your uggs and snuggie too...be sure to do that ********* dance from the commercial....

also, i took a quote from that turdburglar who called you a racist...he'll be immortalized until civic sends me one of those snazzy shirts!
    10-17-09 05:03 PM
    Instead of pursuing the path you're going down, you should be getting in good with them. You never know... some day you may need a math tutor.

(Is he serious, or is he kidding?)

That's like saying they also have mastered drifting and shooting lighting bolts.. (Yes, I referenced that from its always sunny).. God your racist!

time to bring a lawn chair and cooler to class....don't forget your uggs and snuggie too...be sure to do that ********* dance from the commercial....

also, i took a quote from that turdburglar who called you a racist...he'll be immortalized until civic sends me one of those snazzy shirts!
    Patchtizzle, I wouldn't mind a snuggie actually. I want one for my apartment, but I don't want anyone to see me in it.. Plus, I think it'd be awesome to do the dirty bedroom rodeo in one, a tad awkward, but awesome. And I saw an Asian dude rockin the uggs on campus.. I tried to sneak up and take a picture, but those uggs were made for walking, and thats just what he'll do.

And whats this snazzy shirt you speak of? Just hearing snazzy makes it awesome and I want one now.
    10-18-09 01:44 PM

And I saw an Asian dude rockin the uggs on campus.. I tried to sneak up and take a picture, but those uggs were made for walking, and thats just what he'll do.
    You think whoever invented those things named them uggs as another way of calling them ugly and they knew all along that they were designing ugly crap that morons would buy? Laughing all the way to the bank.

10-18-09 08:55 PM
    Man, I would. I could get into fashion design. I can design some God awful excuses for clothes.
    10-20-09 06:05 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD