My storm 9530 has been acting funny for about a week now. Almost like it has a virus. The keyboard wouldn't respond properly, it was very laggy and unresponsive. Today I woke up and started to enter my password, the keyboard locked up and would do nothing. I did yet ANOTHER battery pull and now it's not doing anything. Before I try a hard reset or I throw it at a wall, does anyone have any suggestions?
    04-29-10 08:54 AM
    My storm 9530 has been acting funny for about a week now. Almost like it has a virus. The keyboard wouldn't respond properly, it was very laggy and unresponsive. Today I woke up and started to enter my password, the keyboard locked up and would do nothing. I did yet ANOTHER battery pull and now it's not doing anything. Before I try a hard reset or I throw it at a wall, does anyone have any suggestions?
    Doesn't sound good. I've had that happen to me and took it to Verizon and they replaced it. This happened to me with 2 units in one month. First time (4/8) I just got a blank screen. Wouldn't turn on at all !! The second one (4/23) all I had was a white screen with an error message. Was hoping they would just replace it with the Storm 2 but no such luck.

Good Luck !
    04-29-10 12:56 PM
    I took it to the store I bought it from. They are replacing it for me. My question now is, how can I wipe this old phone before I send it back to the company?
    04-29-10 11:48 PM
    I took it to the store I bought it from. They are replacing it for me. My question now is, how can I wipe this old phone before I send it back to the company?
    Well that's a good question. Actually I couldn't even think about wiping the old phones because they wouldn't even turn on. Hopefully you were good about doing your backups on the Desktop Manager so you won't lose all your information.
    04-29-10 11:58 PM
    Everything has been backed up. I was actually able to back it up again even in the condition it's in. I just can't use the "wipe hand held" command under options, cuz I can't see the screen. That's why I hoped there was some external way of doing it.
    04-30-10 08:45 AM
    Since you're giving it up anyway, can you go ahead and do a complete wipe/reinstall of the OS? That will both wipe your personal data and, I suspect, render the phone operable again. What the heck, nothing to lose at this stage.

My Storm 1, purchased on release day, worked perfectly for a full year. Almost to the anniversary day and then the keypad went nuts and refused to work, regardless of what I tried. Talked with both VZW and RIM support and ultimately, they sent me a replacement. Meanwhile, in preparing the phone to return, I did a full wipe and install of the O/S and voila, everything worked perfectly again (too late, 'cuz the replacement arrived the same day).

Everything has been backed up. I was actually able to back it up again even in the condition it's in. I just can't use the "wipe hand held" command under options, cuz I can't see the screen. That's why I hoped there was some external way of doing it.
    04-30-10 08:54 AM
    Can I do that wipe and reinstall from the desktop manager? I looked last night and didn't see anything that jumped out at me saying "click here to make your phone new again".
    04-30-10 10:04 AM
    You can download something onto your computer called Blackberry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) that will wipe the handheld for you.

This is a review of it/link BBSAK: BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife – Free GUI Alternative to JL_Cmder – BerryReview
    Newest BBSAK version : RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/25/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.7.0 (you do have to register for this forum to be able to download it)
    04-30-10 10:23 AM
    Sounds and looks like a great program. For some reason I am unable to register for that site. Not sure if registration is down or ....no idea. Anyway, anyone have any other solutions?
    04-30-10 07:08 PM
    ive tryied to wipe my blackberry storm w BBSAK and my phone dont do anythin it just sits there
    05-04-10 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD